Jussie Smollett attacked in apparent hate crime

Started by SM, Jan 30, 2019, 02:15:08 AM

Author
Jussie Smollett attacked in apparent hate crime (Read 14,879 times)

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 15, 2019, 05:14:20 PM
"For clarification, the two individuals interviewed are classified as potential suspects."

"While we haven't found any video documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say that this is a hoax."

"Investigators have said the alleged attack was not recorded on surveillance video, but police released a grainy image of the two men who were in the area at the time of the alleged crime."

I don't know where you're drawing your conclusions from.

Go have a peek at the posting history.  Old mate seems terribly grumpy.

Bitcher

You need only to look at my nick to see that. Still, had to do this myself to remember what it was that I posted about before. Nice to see I'm keeping up a track record of exposing bullshit with well-sourced and informed arguments.

SM

Yeah, righto...

Bitcher

Bitcher

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 08:57:29 PM
You know, I never had an inclination to comb through the posting history of someone I argued with. Only ever done so with posters whose contributions I particularly enjoyed and wished to read more of. Only legit reason I can think of to do that with a debate opponent would be to catch them being contradictory or hypocritical. I get an impression though that this wasn't the motivation you had when deciding to look at my earlier posts. Tell me, was it because you caught an unsettling stench of wrongthink about me? Were you disappointed that the only label you could pin on me after your search was that of my being "grumpy"? A label, I believe, quite irrelevant here, as I've been reasonably cordial to the other posters in this thread.
Also, so that I'm not accused of derailing the thread (although I kinda feel that this is the point when many would like nothing more than to have it derailed, or better, buried), anything you'd like to contribute to its actual topic?

Samhain13

So can the guy actually be charged with something if he made it up? Or does he get a free pass for being a celebrity?

SM

SM

Perhaps read the article.

Quote from: Bitcher on Feb 15, 2019, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 08:57:29 PM
You know, I never had an inclination to comb through the posting history of someone I argued with. Only ever done so with posters whose contributions I particularly enjoyed and wished to read more of. Only legit reason I can think of to do that with a debate opponent would be to catch them being contradictory or hypocritical. I get an impression though that this wasn't the motivation you had when deciding to look at my earlier posts. Tell me, was it because you caught an unsettling stench of wrongthink about me? Were you disappointed that the only label you could pin on me after your search was that of my being "grumpy"? A label, I believe, quite irrelevant here, as I've been reasonably cordial to the other posters in this thread.
Also, so that I'm not accused of derailing the thread (although I kinda feel that this is the point when many would like nothing more than to have it derailed, or better, buried), anything you'd like to contribute to its actual topic?

Nah I just checked to see if you'd signed up solely to stir up shit.

Bitcher

Bitcher

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 10:00:39 PM
So can the guy actually be charged with something if he made it up? Or does he get a free pass for being a celebrity?
Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 10:01:45 PM
Perhaps read the article.
Making false statements to the police is a crime in the US. The police are walking on eggshells because of the status of the involved party and the overall public perception of the law enforcement there in recent years, This is why they reacted so quickly when some news agencies have reported that Jussie is investigated for perpetrating a hoax. Now that the perps (who, again, have been confirmed to have worked with and known Jussie personally) are under arrest however, it's entirely possible that their testimony will lead to him facing legal trouble.
Possible, though not certain, naturally.
Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 10:01:45 PM
Nah I just checked to see if you'd signed up solely to stir up shit.
Uh-huh. And how would you define "stirring up shit" in relation to what I've been writing in this thread?

SM

SM

I would say that all things considered at this point in time, I'm not far off the mark.

Necronomicon II

Well damn, this is certainly disappointing.

proto leech

so more lies and fake outrage because ORANGE MAN BAD :D

if its true he faked this hate crime i hope he gets punished. you're a real piece of shit to lie about something like that.

Necronomicon II

He got plenty of punishment in Covenant, one juicy reverse skull f**k, pretty cool way to go tbh, I'd be happy with that.  ;D

SM

Everybody please continue jumping the gun without all the facts.

CelticP

Quote from: Bitcher on Feb 15, 2019, 12:00:20 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 30, 2019, 03:39:12 AM
Absolute human trash.

Seems like an apt description of one Jussie Smollett:
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-empire-attack-hoax/

tl;dr: the 2 people caught on surveillance cameras are Nigerians, who worked as extras on the Empire set. Can we say false narrative or are we to believe that those Nigerians are also homophobic white supremacist bullies ???

They are homophobic yes, and extras do not interact with the main cast.

No you cannot say false narrative.

Bitcher

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 16, 2019, 07:41:21 AM
Quote from: Bitcher on Feb 15, 2019, 12:00:20 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 30, 2019, 03:39:12 AM
Absolute human trash.

Seems like an apt description of one Jussie Smollett:
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-empire-attack-hoax/

tl;dr: the 2 people caught on surveillance cameras are Nigerians, who worked as extras on the Empire set. Can we say false narrative or are we to believe that those Nigerians are also homophobic white supremacist bullies ???

They are homophobic yes, and extras do not interact with the main cast.

No you cannot say false narrative.
These extras did interact and even more than that,  per the statement by their attorney and also the fact they followed each other on Instagram.
Also quite presumptuous of you to declare them homophobic,  seeing how they work in Hollywood and also as models. One could imagine they would go cross eyed from all the potential targets.
As for "jumping the gun",  the notion that Jussie would just randomly get jumped by racist rednecks in Chicago of all places and in the middle of a freezing cold night was suspect in the first place.  Recent developments just make the truth patently obvious.  Ask yourselves, if Jussie wasn't lying at all,  what would these guys have to accomplish by completely disgusing themselves yet only giving him a small cut on the cheek (initial reports of fractured ribs turned out false)?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Well granted, the whole story is a little outlandish if you think about it.

But I fail to see how the stuff that was brought up in favour of the hoax story is more than some circumstantial evidence at this point.

If it was staged, it sure was staged very risky and incompetent.

Anyway, the truth will eventually come out, so let's wait and see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed