Upgrade Predator vs Alien Queen

Started by yhe1, Jan 28, 2019, 07:39:22 PM

Author
Upgrade Predator vs Alien Queen (Read 5,768 times)

yhe1

yhe1

What do you guys think? can the upgrade Predator fight or hunt an Alien Queen one on one?

The Kurgan

Cameron's original queen probably.
She was clearly not really a combat organism and made to lay eggs and not much more. She moved awkwardly and pretty unbalanced once she got up from her eggsack.

AVP's t-rex queen seems to be more of a challenge. She moved more like a big monster/t-rex version of the xenomorph instead of an egglayer designed to sit down and lay eggs.

So I think if AVP's queen gets a hold of the Upgrade, he is done.

Frosty Venom

I'd say the Upgrade Predator has a pretty good chance at defeating a Queen.

Huggs

Huggs

Given the right equipment, I'd say Upgrade would stand a decent chance at surviving. But he could definitely lose.

An Alien Queen isn't some mindless beast, and modern technology demonstrates she's not exactly a slow mover either.

SiL

SiL

Anyone with a sufficiently strong gun could walk up while she's laying eggs and kill her so, sure, why not.

As for hunting, Predators are a lot more agile and can easily get the high ground. Go high. Shoot.

She's not really much of a threat, to be honest, unless you're stuck somewhere with her unarmed.

Huggs

Huggs

The thing about (non AVP) Aliens is that they have a knack for knowing where you are.

You can walk up on them , but they're likely just letting dinner come to the plate.

Upgrade could wreak havoc on a standard Xeno, but a Queen would probably still be a 50/50 fight.

I'm surprised Black didn't do a trophy wall shot (AVPR style) with a Queens skull to prove how bad*ss Upgrade was.

I wonder how he'd handle The Raven though?

Voodoo Magic

If they ever got close, I wonder how the Assassin's exo-skeletal skin would hold up against alien blood. I'd assume the Queen's tail couldn't penetrate it, since the Fugitive's blades couldn't.

The Kurgan

I don't think a single stab with the tail on an armored part would penetrate.

But if they got close, I would assume that the queen could just grab Upgrade with her arms or pin him down and then search for a weakness or unarmored place with her free arms/tail/teeth/inner jaw or acid blood if she is injured.

I doubt that Upgrade's eyes or inside of the mouth are armored for example.

If the queen is big enough she might even crush his armored shell or tear his limbs of.

Samhain13

Samhain13

In theory any predator with a plasma weapon shouldn't have much trouble killing a Queen, its harder for her to dodge it like the other aliens.

Quote from: SiL on Jan 29, 2019, 06:58:05 AM
As for hunting, Predators are a lot more agile and can easily get the high ground. Go high. Shoot.

If he pulls the high ground trap card she is done. Too overpowered.

The Kurgan

Well yeah, true.

But I think the Upgrade v Queen discussion makes only sense if we assume she does not get flat out shot.

So I thought this was more of a melee matchup or at least one without a plasma caster.

JokersWarPig

We don't know if upgrades "armor" can stop the acid blood.
I don't know thought because the Queen isn't really a "combat form". Now something like a Pred-Alien or a Praetorian though would be a much more interesting fight.

SiL

SiL

Yeah, I think people are really overselling the Queen as a combatant.

Predators are faster. Scar was doing a pretty good job of tearing one to pieces with just the shuriken and spear. If we turned it into "what if they were both trapped in a room and the Upgrade didn't have any weapons", then it starts becoming debatable.

yhe1

yhe1

Upgrade has the equipment he used in the Predator.

JokersWarPig

So a plasma caster, launch-able wrist blade, wrist blade with a rope(?).

Idk, since the queen isn't meant for combat I'd give it to Upgrade. Unless she managed to do him in like she did Bishop.

yhe1

yhe1

upgrade had a Plasma caster in the movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed