Jake Busey talks 'The Predator' deleted scenes and Olivia Munn's topless demands

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jan 28, 2019, 04:34:56 PM

Author
Jake Busey talks 'The Predator' deleted scenes and Olivia Munn's topless demands (Read 26,335 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Jake Busey has revealed some interesting things about The Predator in an interview with MEAWW:

About Jake being asked to appear in 'The Predator':

• JAKE: "I am really fortunate that the director asked for me to do it because he wanted to have a referential moment and integrate Predator 2 with The Predator. But in the end, they cut all my interesting stuff and most importantly the references to my dad."

Apparently the filmed tribute scene Jake was referring to is a picture of his father Gary Busey as Peter Keyes, appearing on the tablet Casey was swiping in the lab, followed by Traeger calling Peter "One of the founders of the Stargate." *I assume he meant Stargazer

• JAKE: "It was the moment in the lab when she looks at the picture of my dad, as Peter Keyes, and then looks up at me, and gets this look of recognition on her face.  The audience would have gotten to see my dad and me in the same frame and the tongue in cheek aspect of it, that both of us were of the same age when we filmed the Predator movies. The reason why they cut it all out is because (the studio) did not understand how cool it was."

About another cut scene:

• JAKE: "You know in the decontamination chamber, where Olivia and I go right after her character is introduced, I just had a fun moment where I pretended I was getting electrocuted, like I just go into convulsions and waved my arms around; it was a funny moment where the crew members laughed and scared the crap out of Olivia.  It was really a funny moment and the audience applauded, but the scene was cut."

And here's a strange comment about Olivia Munn demanding extra money for going topless in the decontamination scene, yet she didn't appear topless in the movie.

• JAKE: "She decided she wanted $22,000 out of the blue. You know, for doing something that was in the script from the beginning".

Here's a link to the interview:
https://meaww.com/jake-busey-tribute-to-gary-busey-deleted-in-predator-predator-2

*Edit

The Cruentus

I think his character could have been interesting but he disappears as soon as the Predator escapes. And unlike Traegar, Keyes seemed sympathetic and more decent compared to him.

Valaquen

The more I hear about this movie the more I want to see it untrammelled by the studio. They really botched this. I don't think the film would've been great but all I needed was some fun along with interesting lore.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 28, 2019, 04:37:48 PM
And unlike Traegar, Keyes seemed sympathetic and more decent compared to him.

Noticed that too, and was annoyed when Keyes vanished.

Voodoo Magic

Agreed. Another missed opportunity. Jake was definitely underused. The whole frick'n movie should have taken place in the Stargazer complex if you'd ask me!  >:(

The Old One

The Old One

A waste.

Wysps

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 28, 2019, 04:37:48 PM
I think his character could have been interesting but he disappears as soon as the Predator escapes. And unlike Traegar, Keyes seemed sympathetic and more decent compared to him.

I had figured his disappearance was more a way of setting him up for a larger role in a potential sequel, as I didn't remember him being offed in the script. Sucks though :-\  I wish they could have given him a larger role in the movie.

Corporal Hicks

He was a different Doctor in the script and I'm pretty sure he gets offed.

Master

Coldwell IIRC. He was beheaded with scalpel.

OWLF

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2019, 04:34:56 PM
Jake Busey has revealed some interesting things about The Predator in an interview with MEAWW:

• JAKE: "I am really fortunate that the director asked for me to do it because he wanted to have a referential moment and integrate Predator 2 with The Predator. But in the end, they cut all my interesting stuff and most importantly the references to my dad."

Apparently the filmed tribute scene Jake was referring to is a picture of his father Gary Busey as Peter Keyes, appearing on the tablet Casey was swiping in the lab, followed by Traeger calling Peter "One of the founders of the Stargate." *I assume he meant Stargazer

• JAKE: "It was the moment in the lab when she looks at the picture of my dad, as Peter Keyes, and then looks up at me, and gets this look of recognition on her face.  The audience would have gotten to see my dad and me in the same frame and the tongue in cheek aspect of it, that both of us were of the same age when we filmed the Predator movies. The reason why they cut it all out is because (the studio) did not understand how cool it was."

That would have been really cool. Too bad they cut it out. Maybe they'll put it back in a future Blu-ray release.

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2019, 08:04:14 PM

They changed that in the movie. His name now is Church, Thomas J. and played by a different scientist.

Still Collating...

Yeah, more Keyes would have been awesome.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OWLF on Jan 28, 2019, 08:25:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 28, 2019, 04:34:56 PM

That would have been really cool. Too bad they cut it out. Maybe they'll put it back in a future Blu-ray release.

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2019, 08:04:14 PM

They changed that in the movie. His name now is Church, Thomas J. and played by a different scientist.

Not sure if it's Church's hand fugitive is using in the movie though.

OWLF

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 28, 2019, 09:28:18 PM

Fugitive mimics Church, Thomas J. voice a couple of times before entering the decontamination zone though. Also a very brief scene right before the lab break out shows a scientist placing his hand on a security scanner and saying "Church, Thomas J."

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OWLF on Jan 28, 2019, 10:48:31 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 28, 2019, 09:28:18 PM

Fugitive mimics Church, Thomas J. voice a couple of times before entering the decontamination zone though. Also a very brief scene right before the lab break out shows a scientist placing his hand on a security scanner and saying "Church, Thomas J."

Oh yeah you're right, forgot about that !  ;D

OWLF

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 29, 2019, 01:50:22 PM
Oh yeah you're right, forgot about that !  ;D

No problem. Yeah it's really a quick scene, blink and you'll miss it. Like Jake Busey getting hit by a stray bullet in the background  :laugh:

Huggs

Millions for reshoots, but they can't spare 22g's for some breasts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed