The Renovated Members' Studio Thread

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 28, 2019, 02:21:07 PM

Author
The Renovated Members' Studio Thread (Read 14,906 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Voodoo Magic

You're a strong bulb that only makes this place brighter Old One. It's going to be our loss unless you reconsider!

TheSailingRabbit

Come on, people, assholes and elbows! Today we got HuDaFuk as your guest. Hudson, come 'ere . . . wait, never mind, Hudson's not ready yet. Nobody look behind the bunny.

First up, what is your favorite film in the franchise and why?

At the risk of sounding like I'm stealing my answers from Hicks, I love the first three Alien films almost equally. That said, Aliens is not only my favourite film from the franchise, it's my favourite movie of all time.

How did you come up with your username?

I can't really take full credit. Years ago, I was playing an online shooter and came across someone calling themselves WutDaFuk; their name came up in the killfeed and I mis-read it as "HuDaFuK killed so-and-so", and for some reason it really tickled me. When I got my PS3, I entered it as my username, not really expecting PSN to allow it, but to my surprise it got through. It's been my online handle ever since.

Who are you, and what do you do outside of AvPGalaxy?

I'm Leigh (pronounced lee, not lay; it always surprises me how often I get that lol). Currently I'm doing some labouring to hold me over while I search for a long-term job, having lost my previous one when the company went bust. It's good money, but comes with more than its fair share of workplace injuries - I'm currently typing rather slowly thanks to a crushed finger on my right hand :P

I'm also an admin on Xenopedia, alongside Cruentus. (More on that later!)

How has the franchise, and fandom in general, influenced you?

Not really sure how to answer this... My love of all things Alien has definitely lightened my wallet over the years ;D But I'm not sure it's really changed me much as I was a fan before I got involved in the online community. It has led me to some new experiences though, like joining in with podcasts or meeting Ridley and some of the cast from Covenant in London.

Who is your favorite member/best friend out of everyone you've met on these humble forums?

I have to say, this is one of the friendliest and most amicable forums I've ever been on, and most of the people on here are really easy to get along with. I could name a few I enjoy chatting with in particular, some of whom I've met outside of the site, but if I had to pick just one it'd be Hicks, if only because we've met a few times now.

Oh wait, I just remembered he didn't give me his spare copy of South China Sea. Screw that guy.

What are your thoughts on how the Alien franchise has evolved since you became a fan?

It's kind of ironic that there hasn't been what you could call a truly classic entry in either the Alien or Predator film series since before I was born. Back when the first AVP came out, I remember it being perhaps the most disappointing movie I'd ever seen - I was so excited during the buildup, it was the first Alien/Predator film I was going to be able to watch in the cinema, and then when I saw it I was honestly crushed. For me personally, the films have never really recovered since. In particular I've been really unimpressed with Ridley's prequels. Much like AVP, I feel like they've completely squandered their potential.

The only recent stuff I've truly loved has come from the expanded universe - Isolation and Cold Forge honestly rank alongside the early films for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy too.

I like how you have Apone's iconic character introduction as your personal text, and as your avatar. What made you choose the Sarge as your digital image?

It's partly because he's perhaps my favourite character in the film, partly because I'm partial to a cigar myself (although probably not first thing in the a.m. :laugh:)

You mentioned you work with Cruentus on Xenopedia. Was this something you collaborated on from the start?

No, he was actually administrating there before I came along (and I believe the wiki itself pre-dates his involvement as well). I basically stumbled onto it one day and started contributing, and eventually he promoted me to admin alongside himself. That was... six years ago now, I think.

In your opinion, what is the most important part of making a film? Is it the script, characters, effects, etc.?

Probably the script. I can think of a few films that have overcome flaws in one or other of the major aspects with their quality elsewhere, but I can't think of many that have managed to overcome a fundamentally poor script. Ideally of course, you'd like each of those elements to be on point.

Would you rather see Scott complete David's story, or some type of Alien 5 (regardless of who directs it)?

If it was purely down to me and practicalities were irrelevant, I always liked the idea of a continuation of Resurrection, if only because I think the hybrid Ripley character had far more potential than was realised in the movie. That said, I think too much time has passed now (and by all accounts Weaver wants nothing to do with it).

It would feel a bit silly cutting Scott off mid-run, but I really don't like the direction he seems to be taking things. Realistically, I'd prefer to see them do something like an unrelated story featuring the Alien set in the same universe.

Most importantly--more important than anything I've previously asked--what's your stance on the skull?

Will people be upset if I say I don't really mind? :laugh:

I prefer without, but it's not something that particularly bothers me.

The Cruentus

Great interview, remind me to get you cuban cigars....the same ones that xeno-synthetic smoked in that one comic. hahaha.
And you're right, the wiki even predates my admin run. Xenopedia is almost 13 years old.

Fun fact, when Leigh first sprang up on the wiki I was initially suspicious of him because since the wiki at that time was low traffic, I thought he was badge boosting due to the large amount of edits he was doing as well those category issues he had at the time.  :laugh: Nope, turns out he was just a darn good editor and I decided to keep an eye on him to see if he was admin potential, another admin had exact same idea and talked to me about it. Leigh became admin and has done a brilliant job on it, he is far better than me actually, I feel almost obsolute.  :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

Necronomicon II, you'll receive your questions later today.

Is there anyone else who wants to be interviewed, or people you think would be interesting to interview?

Necronomicon II

Sweeeeeet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 08, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
Who is your favorite member/best friend out of everyone you've met on these humble forums?

I have to say, this is one of the friendliest and most amicable forums I've ever been on, and most of the people on here are really easy to get along with. I could name a few I enjoy chatting with in particular, some of whom I've met outside of the site, but if I had to pick just one it'd be Hicks, if only because we've met a few times now.

Oh wait, I just remembered he didn't give me his spare copy of South China Sea. Screw that guy.

"If only because?"  :laugh: We all know I'm just a f**king amazing guy.  :laugh: And that was no-one fault but your own! Should have asked me sooner!

Good interview, Rabbit and HuDa!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2019, 01:34:26 PM"If only because?"  :laugh: We all know I've just a f**king amazing guy.

I was trying to be diplomatic and avoid obvious favouritism :P

If someone else on here started inviting me to cool stuff in London, rest assured you'd be dropping down the list ;D

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 09, 2019, 01:29:30 AMLeigh became admin and has done a brilliant job on it, he is far better than me actually, I feel almost obsolute.

Don't say that, we need you around for when I can't be bothered for a month :laugh:

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2019, 01:34:26 PM
We all know I've just a f**king amazing guy.
Hell of a typo.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 09, 2019, 04:55:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2019, 01:34:26 PM"If only because?"  :laugh: We all know I've just a f**king amazing guy.

If someone else on here started inviting me to cool stuff in London, rest assured you'd be dropping down the list ;D
I can't invite you to things in London, but I can invite you to things here in Phoenix. They're practically the same place!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 09, 2019, 09:09:23 PM
Hell of a typo.

I can't invite you to things in London, but I can invite you to things here in Phoenix. They're practically the same place!

Hmm . . . how 'bout you, Xenomrph? Are you up for an interview?

Necronomicon II

*note my interview will be dry and academic, nothing too juicy.  ;D

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 09, 2019, 11:02:26 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 09, 2019, 09:09:23 PM
Hell of a typo.

Hmm . . . how 'bout you, Xenomrph? Are you up for an interview?
Sure thing.

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 10, 2019, 03:06:56 AM
That just means TheSailingRabbit needs to find jucier questions to ask. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 10, 2019, 03:06:56 AM

"You're such a disappointment to me"  ;D

Necronomicon II

;D Well I'm waiting rabbit, got to grease up muh asshole and elbow.  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 10, 2019, 04:58:55 AM
;D Well I'm waiting rabbit, got to grease up muh asshole and elbow.  :laugh:

Oh dear. Dare I ask with what?  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed