William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019 (Read 39,814 times)

Corporal Hicks

He notoriously disliked that whole experience because of how passionless GBX were. I doubt he'd have felt that kind of atmosphere with Dirk.

Xenomorphine

While none of the scripts for the third film have wowed me, it will be nice to hear these two reprising their famous roles.

Engineer

Release is listed for me when I view the product page
Says 5/30/2019

Wweyland

Well that's a switch.

Predwars24

I'm glad that we're able to see something like this. Not a huge fan of Audio Drama's personally like to see it rather than hear it. However this peaks my interest and at least I can visualize what's going on if I'm invested enough. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to an original draft of any of the other alien or pred films?

Engineer

Quote from: Predwars24 on Apr 21, 2019, 05:13:27 PM
I'm glad that we're able to see something like this. Not a huge fan of Audio Drama's personally like to see it rather than hear it. However this peaks my interest and at least I can visualize what's going on if I'm invested enough. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to an original draft of any of the other alien or pred films?

Dirk Maggs has done 3 audiodramas for the alien franchise so far. The first 3 were adaptations of out of the shadows, River of pain and sea of sorrows. Extremely well done! Best things in the franchise since the original trilogy of films and isolation!! I'd highly recommend them!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 21, 2019, 05:21:19 PM

Dirk Maggs has done 3 audiodramas for the alien franchise so far. The first 3 were adaptations of out of the shadows, River of pain and sea of sorrows. Extremely well done! Best things in the franchise since the original trilogy of films and isolation!! I'd highly recommend them!

Still haven't heard sea of sorrows, but the other two were just magnificent. River of pain is just slightly my favorite, but that's probably because of Colin's voicework. Hard to believe we're actually going to hear the real hicks and bishop again. Holy Moses.

Quote from: locusta on Apr 21, 2019, 09:13:20 AM
Is this based on the same story as the recently released Gibson ALIEN 3 comic books? If so, I´m less exited, as in my own opinion I thought the story (at least the comic, I never read any other related material) of the comic just horrible. But surely, I might stand alone with that notion. Anyway, nice to have Biehn and Henriksen back, that´s awesome.

Read the actual script. For seriously. I didn't care for what little I saw of the comic. The actual script is Gibson's pure take. It's magic. I'm not a fan of any film sequels in the vein of aliens, but Gibson's script is art. Don't miss it. I believe there were two, one is more action heavy than the other. Both fantastic.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 21, 2019, 10:25:10 AM
Excuse me while I go run down my street like a maniac because fack yesh I want Michael Biehn's voice in my car.

It's had me smiling all day. It's a shame bill couldn't have lent his talents to one of these. Maybe Mark will one day.

Engineer

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 21, 2019, 05:34:14 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 21, 2019, 05:21:19 PM

Still haven't heard sea of sorrows, but the other two were just magnificent. River of pain is just slightly my favorite, but that's probably because of Colin's voicework. Hard to believe we're actually going to hear the real hicks and bishop again. Holy Moses.

Quote from: locusta on Apr 21, 2019, 09:13:20 AM
Is this based on the same story as the recently released Gibson ALIEN 3 comic books? If so, I´m less exited, as in my own opinion I thought the story (at least the comic, I never read any other related material) of the comic just horrible. But surely, I might stand alone with that notion. Anyway, nice to have Biehn and Henriksen back, that´s awesome.

Read the actual script. For seriously. I didn't care for what little I saw of the comic. The actual script is Gibson's pure take. It's magic. I'm not a fan of any film sequels in the vein of aliens, but Gibson's script is art. Don't miss it. I believe there were two, one is more action heavy than the other. Both fantastic.

Excuse me while I go run down my street like a maniac because fack yesh I want Michael Biehn's voice in my car.

It's had me smiling all day. It's a shame bill couldn't have lent his talents to one of these. Maybe Mark will one day.

He's uncredited, but you know William hope returned to reprise his role as Gorman for river of pain right? :-)

Huggs

Huggs

Yep, Will still does it. He was great in isolation.

If only we could've gotten a short audible of Parker and Brett just doing their thing, before Harry passed. They could've called it, "Bonus Situation".

Engineer

Ooooh! That would have been cool!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 21, 2019, 05:34:14 PM

I would pay a lot of money for that. Even more if he does a full audiobook.

Spoiler
And you can tell him I said that, Xenomrph.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 21, 2019, 04:51:20 PM
Says 5/30/2019

Bloody regional crap. I couldn't see that on desktop. Thanks, will update.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2019, 06:17:00 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 21, 2019, 04:51:20 PM
Says 5/30/2019

Bloody regional crap. I couldn't see that on desktop. Thanks, will update.
You're welcome!!

Xiggz456

Wow Gibson's script is getting the royal treatment this year. I enjoyed the comic adaptation but I really ought to read the original scripts. Laurel Lefkow is amongst the cast most likely reprising her role as Ripley!

HybridNewborn

Oh...

Well, that's nice, I guess...

Having not read the comic, is this at all reconcilable as, like, an Alien 2.5 deal, fitting between Aliens and Alien3?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed