Mercs & Marines - A Ravenfield mod

Started by Krevinator, Jan 17, 2019, 07:29:57 PM

Author
Mercs & Marines - A Ravenfield mod (Read 2,945 times)

Krevinator

Krevinator

Greetenings!

I am Krev, and I am also what some of you might call a complete amateur.

A month ago, this amateur decided that he wanted to take up modding - learn how to throw models into an actual game, animate them, and get things a bit killy - and in particular I decided to take up modding a little indev indie game called Ravenfield.

Given it's lowpoly nature, low price, accessible engine (Unity), and a number of guides as well as a minimal reliance on textures in addition to sandbox battle-sim gameplay, I figured it'd be a solid choice for me to start out on.

I released a small mod containing a Pulse Rifle and a smaller carbine variant, and I've since grown into what I feel is something of a big chap I've taken to calling Mercs & Marines.

Spoiler
[close]

Taking inspiration from fan art, the tech manual, and a good amount of concept art, I've updated it almost non-stop to sixteen weapons (of which there are enough variants to kick it to 21), six vehicles, and four skins, and yesterday I released the base of a rough Xenomorph expansion, featuring three more skins and a couple alien-specific weapons.

Spoiler
[close]

Everything i"ve modeled myself, animated myself, though I've had to yoink audio because I'm not going to be able to recreate Cameron's screaming pig-elephant-robot for the Pulse Rifle - though I think that's pretty okay.

Weapons included at this time feature:

• The M41A Pulse Rifle, with pump-action grenade launcher
  • M41C Pulse Carbine
  • M4RA DMR and shotgun
  • M37 Shotgun (trench and stakeout configs)
  • VP70 Combat Pistol (single and dual)
  • Spearhead .357 from Alien Isolation (with HE for that extra kick)
  • M39 SMG (Stock and sight, stockless and sightless)
  • TA01 Assault SMG (Dual only, based on some Prometheus concept art of a particular replicant)
  • M56A2 Smartgun (smart targeting not yet a feature)
  • M5 RPG (a sort of hybrid of that horrific ACM design and the simpler techmanual design)
  • M83A2 SADAR
  • The M44 Sledgehammer (based on AvP 2 railgun concept art)
  • The M6B Rocket Launcher
  • The M78 PIG
  • The M42A Scoped Rifle
  • And the humble M40 grenade

Vehicles include the Dropship, M577 APC, M22 Jackson, a fanmade jumpjet to play attack VTOL, and a Battlestar-y take on the AD17 - as well as AvP 2's Alice.

Spoiler
[close]

The Dropship features a copilot-operated nose MG, and a number of pilot-operated rockets including the 70mm Zeus, the 150mm Banshee, the Air-to-Air Headlock, Hellhound AGM, and a lighter AGM known as the SGW - as well as around 33 seats, to compensate for the fact that I haven't figured out how to lift APCs around with it yet.

The APC, meanwhile, features around 13 passenger seats, a cramped interior, gunner/Gorman-operated plasma turret, and the driver's front MG and a horn for honking at xenomorphs angrily!

The M22 features more common fare, and is due for an update, as is the AD17 and potentially the V62.

Spoiler
[close]

As far as skins go, the four main ones I've got right now include the Colonial Marine, AvP 2 Sniper, and two variants of the ACM Mercs - and as a bonus, because I generally deliver what I say I'll deliver, there's also some penguin marines called the Vietnoots!

Spoiler
[close]

I plan on plenty more, and I plan on overhauling a lot as I learn, but generally I hope that at least some of you enjoy the mod!
Oh, and I mentioned that yesterday I released the Aliens!

Spoiler
[close]

You can check out the steam page for Mercs & Marines by clicking that link, and for the Xenomorphs by this one!

If you want to try Ravenfield, I think there's an old beta missing some of the new features here.

Krevinator

Today in echochambers, we have the M42A being thrown in after considerable procrastination!

That, and a number of smaller tweaks, fixes, and additions. like new M44 scope UI, a couple new animations for the pulse rifle, rotating rotary barrels, and a reduction in exosuit jankiness at the cost of realizing I accidentally set the jump to space jam mode.

Krevinator

Things added over the last few days:

- The M240

- Facehugger throwables

- Assorted bugfixes and tweaks, EG the exosuit no longer having space jam jump powers, M42A being quieted, and more

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed