If Vader had not been Luke’s father what would the plot of the prequel have been

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 13, 2019, 11:52:01 PM

Author
If Vader had not been Luke’s father what would the plot of the prequel have been (Read 2,518 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If Vader had not been Luke's father, what would the plot of the Original / Prequel / Sequel Trilogy have been?

I think in this alternate scenario, it could be said that Obi-Wan was being literal when he talked about Luke's father, i.e, Anakin and Vader are virtually two different men.

Luke Skywalker: How did my father die?

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

So the prequel trilogy would have shown that Vader was a mate or friend of Anakin Skywalker, before betraying him.

Let me hear your thoughts about this "what if" scenario  :)

Plus, and just for fun  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

Call me crazy, but I almost thought Verm posted this instead of you, Jonesy. :D

I think it'd be interesting to see if Vader and Anakin were actually two different people. At the same time, I prefer what we already have. What would the betrayal be over? Most likely Padme.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 14, 2019, 12:07:49 AM

lol What? Why?  :laugh:

I think it'd be interesting to see if Vader and Anakin were actually two different people. At the same time, I prefer what we already have. What would the betrayal be over? Most likely Padme.

I prefer what we already have, as well. But I still feel curious about it. Actually, I would have liked a little more storm in the romance between Padme and Anakin, or even a female villain.

Now going back to the Anakin as a different character from Vader, I agree. I think a love triangle can destroy a friendship.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 14, 2019, 12:52:41 AM

lol What? Why?  :laugh:

I don't know. Just . . . that kind of feeling.

whiterabbit

Sounds like a great idea if they ever do an alternative take remake on the STAR WARS.

Yea, if Anakin was not Luke's father then surely it would have to be a betrayal over a women. There is no other scenario. But who is the real betrayer? Of course this route of thinking will inevitably lead to Obi being Luke's father. :P

Huntsman

To really mix things up, Vader as a cyborg like Grievous and not a crispy human being in a suit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've been preaching something like this for years.

My idea was to make Darth a younger clone of Anakin that Obi-Wan takes as an apprentice.  Vader is still Luke's birth father and it would turn out that young Darth really did betray and murder the elder Skywalker, just like Ben told him.

Luke was conceived when Darth used the Jedi mind trick on Mrs. Skywalker and made her believe he was Anakin.  You can imagine what happened then.  This way everything prior to ROTJ can remain intact.

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2019, 02:00:55 AM
I've been preaching something like this for years.

My idea was to make Darth a younger clone of Anakin that Obi-Wan takes as an apprentice.  Vader is still Luke's birth father and it would turn out that young Darth really did betray and murder the elder Skywalker, just like Ben told him.

Luke was conceived when Darth used the Jedi mind trick on Mrs. Skywalker and made her believe he was Anakin.  You can imagine what happened then.  This way everything prior to ROTJ can remain intact.

Well....that's interesting lol.

I think George always had Obi-Wan fighting Darth at a volcano, maybe it just wasn't his dad at that point.

The way we have it is perfect. Darth coming back is the perfect ending.

Local Trouble

Darth would still come back in my version.  He just wouldn't be Anakin.

whiterabbit

Alright let me get this right, Vader is a clone of Anakin Skywalker? Ok, is this before or after Luke and Leia are conceived? I'm just trying to wrap my head around that scenario...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Before.

In my prequels, Episode 1 has a backstory too.  The Clone Wars have been raging for decades, off and on.  During the previous war, the bad guys discovered the secret of cloning Jedi and captured Anakin so they could use him as genetic stock.  When their plot was foiled and the war was ended, Obi-Wan took charge of the sole surviving clone of Anakin and decided to train him as a Jedi while Anakin retired to the simple life of a moisture farmer on Tatooine with his wife.

whiterabbit

So Luke would be killing his Father's clone in Jedi... wait would the "No, I am your father" still be there in ESB and if so where would the "I'm actually a clone of your dad" fit in? I mean if Vader is made anything else but Luke's father or "immediate relative" that kills a very important part of the Star Wars. If Vader is not Luke's father he can be literally anything else. I'm trying to play that off in my head and I just can't see it.

How would you reconcile Yoda's death scene in RotJ?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

ROTJ would be rewritten to accommodate this change so there's really nothing to reconcile.

Only ANH and TESB are unchanged.  Vader is Luke's father.  Everyone believed that Anakin was, except maybe Yoda.

Episode 1 would begin with Obi-Wan's capture by the villains and Vader's narrow escape.  Knowing Anakin by reputation only, Darth would then journey to Tatooine to seek help from Obi-Wan's old friend.  That's when he learns the truth about being a clone of Anakin Skywalker.  Although they don't get along very well and tend to bicker throughout the movie, Anakin agrees to help Darth for Obi-Wan's sake and they go off on a mission to rescue him before the bad guys can create an army of Jedi clones.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright I'm game. Although I mean Vader straight up knocks up Luke's mom just because she can't tell the difference he's a clone makes him a rapist. If not, can you imagine TWO Anakin's trying to hook up with Padme? Plus I never thought of Darth Vader as a rapist... I mean he is evil and all but damn that is out of left field.

Although all that changes is that Vader is not Anakin... well he is Anakin, be it a clone and he is the REAL father of Luke and he redeems himself... so all that is altered is that Obi-wan version of events doesn't need for someone to come to a certain point of view to work.

This sure sounds like a lot of work for what "now" doesn't seem like all that much of a change.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Huntsman on Jan 14, 2019, 01:35:09 AM
To really mix things up, Vader as a cyborg like Grievous and not a crispy human being in a suit.
Not sure if you're joking or not..but Vader is a cyborg. All four of his limbs have been replaced with cybernetic prosthetics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed