Katherine Waterston regarding Alien: Covenant sequel

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 11, 2019, 08:42:22 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston regarding Alien: Covenant sequel (Read 25,445 times)

Adam802

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Evanus on Jan 12, 2019, 01:16:29 AM
Yeah I saw that. I just want to know what Disney is going to do with the rights, and I'm curious about the rumored TV show.

If you really want to learn more about Ridley Scott's vision post 'Alien: Covenant', I highly recommend you to watch the upcoming 'Raised by Wolves' TV series, since I've been hearing that the proyect is looking more and more like a spiritual sequel to Covenant. Alien free media obiously, but a whole deal with AI, apparently.

bb-15

Quote from: Evanus on Jan 11, 2019, 11:23:00 PM
So basically the same thing she said a while ago.  :-\

I hope the Disney-Fox deal will be complete soon, hopefully then we'll get an idea of what's happening.

Focusing on Disney is the right way to look at this.
What does Disney want with action/adventure movies?
Blockbusters. See the MCU.

If a film under performs ("Covenant") or flops (Solo: A Star Wars Story), then Disney will cancel more films in the franchise.
Example; the Obi-Wan movie.
And that's with Star Wars, one of the biggest franchises.

I had hoped that the Fox-film / Disney merger would not have gone through.
Fox, as a medium sized studio by itself, would take a chance on smaller box office films including what's the core of this website; the Alien and Predator franchises.
But with Disney in charge? I'm not optimistic.

;) 

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Let us remember that ALIEN-COVENANT was released May 2017 (2 years ago this coming May- in less than 4 months time).

It took less than 4 months to film from principle photography April 4th 2016 to wrapping up July 19th 2016.

Disney can churn out a bog standard ALIEN film within a year with no announcement.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 12, 2019, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 12, 2019, 07:30:14 AM
Pithee Yes.

I mean no Daniels.

They made a mistake killing off #TeamShaw.

^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^

I like Waterson as an actress, but in my opinion, Rapace has sooo much more gravitas and on-screen presence as a lead.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2019, 10:31:58 PMI like Waterson as an actress, but in my opinion, Rapace has sooo much more gravitas and on-screen presence as a lead.

Maybe Waterston got picked because she has less on-screen presence, to keep the focus on Fassbender.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 12, 2019, 10:46:28 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2019, 10:31:58 PMI like Waterson as an actress, but in my opinion, Rapace has sooo much more gravitas and on-screen presence as a lead.

Maybe Waterston got picked because she has less on-screen presence, to keep the focus on Fassbender.

Hmm. Could be.

Well, whatever the reason behind Ridley's decision was...

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 12, 2019, 10:46:28 PM

As much as I think her character and Redmayne's character are cute together in the new Harry Potter movies, she's not as memorable as, say, Hermione Granger.

Hermione would've bitch-slapped David before the movie even started.

Bob

The best way to go forward is to finish what they started - that is Ridley Scott's prequel trilogy then a sequel to Alien Resurrection.  Both ended on cliffhangers that left the series in limbo. 

whiterabbit

Ridley Scott's like 81 years old, he better hurry up and make Alien: Titanic!

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Bob on Jan 12, 2019, 11:42:28 PM
The best way to go forward is to finish what they started - that is Ridley Scott's prequel trilogy then a sequel to Alien Resurrection.  Both ended on cliffhangers that left the series in limbo. 

Agreed, but no-one wants a sequel to Resurrection.

Although a story that takes place chronologically after Alien R
doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel to AR or acknowledge
it's events, the USM can be handwaved away or redefined so -
that the "USCM" is a branch of the USM in the 24th Century
"United Systems Colonial Marines" and then bring back the
recognisable aesthetics of Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³  &  Isolation.

Predwars24

I'd rather the prequels just be cut out of canon. It's not as bad as the star wars prequels in watch ability, but with David creating the xenomorphs and the inconsistency from what Ridley says, I'd rather not have a sequel anyway.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 13, 2019, 09:01:52 AM
Quote from: Bob on Jan 12, 2019, 11:42:28 PM

Agreed, but no-one wants a sequel to Resurrection.

Although a story that takes place chronologically after Alien R
doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel to AR or acknowledge
it's events, the USM can be handwaved away or redefined so -
that the "USCM" is a branch of the USM in the 24th Century
"United Systems Colonial Marines" and then bring back the
recognisable aesthetics of Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³  &  Isolation.

Or the USM could simply be retconned as a pseudo-UPP and a rival to both the United States and Weyland-Yutani of that era.

As for Waterston, I'd think Fassbender would be the one to ask about any sequels to Covenant since they're guaranteed to feature David.

Enjoy

Everyone in stasis cargo, Including Daniel's is going to be turned into a monster. Sorry.

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 13, 2019, 08:15:05 AM
Ridley Scott's like 81 years old, he better hurry up and make Alien: Titanic!

Already saw that in a dream. It was great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed