Arceon Concepts by Ben Nicholas

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 11, 2019, 10:52:26 AM

Author
Arceon Concepts by Ben Nicholas (Read 1,513 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XBJmAy

QuoteBased off of the unused Vincent Ward "Wooden Planet" script for Alien 3, Arceon is a small wooden satellite occupied by techno phobic monks. The EEV from the Sulaco crash lands in the lake on top, and Ripley finds herself stranded.

The Kurgan

Nice concept art.

Still, I am glad they did not go with the wooden planet. It always reminded me of something straight out of Futurama.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Even if "space-monks on a wooden planet" isn't a good idea for an Alien film, I think it could make a pretty solid standalone sci-fi film. I'm thinking "directed by Terry Gilliam".

Whiskeybrewer

Oh i like that

The Old One

The Old One

Death Star 0.5?

judge death

So glad that they didnt use this for the alien 3 movie, wooden planet wouldnt work for the alien series which is more real life science, even star wars death star feels more real than a planet made of wood. Cant protect the people onboard from radiation or the vaccum and make it work with FTL technology and the idea of monks and a lake on the planet, no I dislike it.

The Old One

The Old One

It had a metal machinery core that generated gravity,
I like the concept and Vincent Ward's script a great deal.
Aside from the Wooly Alien and some problems here and there.

But you're right in the establishment of such a structure doesn't
have any logical basis within the script,  for a group of outcasts
monetarily it doesn't make much sense it's more- Sci-Fi Fantasy
Alejandro Jodorowsky the Incal idea.

Ultimately for the tale Alien presents;
I believe the Refinery turned Prison / Monastery much more.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps Arceon's the Engineer's creation? Or perhaps a structure humanity discovered? Thoughts?

Local Trouble

Like the Citadel?

The Old One

The Old One

The Citadel or Halo.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 31, 2018, 10:54:00 AM
Honestly, Arceon would have made more sense had it started out as the brainchild of some crazy and rich benefactor who found Jesus and wanted to give his church and its followers a new life far away from decadent Earth and its vile corporatist society.

Essentially, The Village in space.

Now, let's get SiL to direct this bitch.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2018, 06:31:17 AM
I was thinking that Eccentric Rich Dude would be long dead for Arceon to be in such a sad state of disrepair, but it's not my movie.

Either way, I still picture Brian Glover being more or less in charge of the place.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, good idea.

Still Collating...

Yeah, I'd be up for that. It doesn't seem too far fetched for me and with the explanation out of the way, we can enjoy the unique aesthetic of such a movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 02, 2019, 05:41:11 AM
Honestly, Arceon would have made more sense had it started out as the brainchild of some crazy and rich benefactor who found Jesus and wanted to give his church and its followers a new life far away from decadent Earth and its vile corporatist society.

Essentially, The Village in space.

Now, let's get SiL to direct this bitch.

Oh i like that idea a lot. Makes a lot of sense

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed. Hope a Graphic Novel features the idea sooner or later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed