Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 49,159 times)

Local Trouble

I still don't understand what this game is supposed to be story-wise if it's not a sequel to Isolation yet involves Amanda.  Is it "just a game" or is it actually supposed to fit into the canon mythos in some way?

Corporal Hicks

I honestly don't get what they meant when they said it wasn't a sequel. Obviously it's a sequel in that it features Amanda Ripley and must be set after Isolation. Maybe they mean it's not a sequel in that it's not the same game-style??

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2019, 08:27:49 AM
I never got to play Unleashed. I didn't have a phone that could do it back then! I think that was actually the first incarnaiton of Alien on a mobile mobile?
I think so. I only played it on an emulator.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2019, 08:39:35 AM
I honestly don't get what they meant when they said it wasn't a sequel. Obviously it's a sequel in that it features Amanda Ripley and must be set after Isolation. Maybe they mean it's not a sequel in that it's not the same game-style??

I'd probably be more optimistic about it if I wasn't thinking about the ramifications of its "plot" on the lore.

Corporal Hicks

Ramifications being?

Local Trouble

The apparently recurring misadventures of Amanda Ripley.  One encounter with the alien was contrived enough.

Hemi

Hemi

Don't want mobile game. Want propper sequel with Amanda. The end.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2019, 08:51:10 AM
The apparently recurring misadventures of Amanda Ripley.  One encounter with the alien was contrived enough.

I wasn't that contrived.  Finding the black box was a bit contrived, but Amanda wanting to find out about her Mother's fate was a natural motive.  To say otherwise is to denounce the persistence of memory.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 11, 2019, 04:04:07 PM
Don't want mobile game. Want propper sequel with Amanda. The end.

Better get working on it then.

No one is going to invest in a sequel if they dont think they can make money on it. If Isolation was a financial success we would probably already have a sequel by now.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2019, 05:49:34 AM
I'm okay with Blackout being a mobile game, I've played quite a few really polished, really fun mobile games in my day. AvP: Evolution is still a hoot, the Dead Space mobile game was fantastic, I still can't stop playing Freeblade, Lara Croft: Temple Run is a blast, Plague Inc is excellent, Pocket Trains is addictive as hell, the list goes on.

Man, Dead Space on my iPad was fantastic, real shame that EA removed that from the iOS App Store, one of those early great titles. EA only seems to put out garbage these days. Both AVP Evolution and the Predators mobile titles by Angry Mob Games were also removed. 

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2019, 08:51:10 AM

Eh, I was concerned about that before Isolation but the game was great enough to sell me on the idea. With these new stories though, yeah that concern is back, that her story will just become over-saturated for her to simply be a mention at the start of the second film.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2019, 04:00:41 AM
Does Aliens Infestation count as a mobile game?

Mobile and handheld don't connote the same thing in the gaming community.

Local Trouble

What's the difference?

Corporal Hicks

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2019, 05:37:24 PM
What's the difference?

They're both portable gaming, but a 'handheld' platform connotes a dedicated gaming console which is handheld and portable. A 'mobile' platform is derived from mobile phone, which is not primarily a dedicated gaming console.

Also something to be said about the price-point difference. Aliens: Thanatos Encounter was $30.00 in 2001 (right?). Blackout is $5.

This article makes sense to me:
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Mobile-Games-vs-Portable-Consoles

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2019, 05:40:11 PM
https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/01/11/alien-blackout-hands-on-dont-panic-a-its-fun

Same source which proclaimed that Isolation sucked. *shrugs*

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that gave me a good chuckle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed