Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 49,169 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 10, 2019, 10:41:05 AM
Just look on Twitter for the amount of; "At least we still have Cold Iron's Game."
Have those people heard it's an MMO?

QuoteThe amount of that would be much more- if there was an announcement making the general public more aware, and therefore less vitriol/attention directed towards AB.
They announced news about the Cold Iron game the day of/after. It went unnoticed. I sincerely believe if they'd announced it before, it would've been quickly overshadowed by the same vitriole.

I think what it comes down to is you seem to think people on the Internet can react reasonably to news that doesn't suit them (which the YouTube videos getting posted seem exclusively designed to disprove) whereas I'm taking a much more pessimistic view (see previous).

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 10, 2019, 10:35:47 AM

They are for me.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Actually ironically enough for my particular argumentation style particularly on this forum, that's exactly how this works, what with opinions not needing facts or evidence to be had, credibility notwithstanding or sitting or out the goddamn airlock, and I daresay  based on Isolation's sales and more damning after sales, I'm not the only one.

One of legit objective hits on Isolation was how utterly derivative it was. (Yes I am aware of how much money and more importantly energy and love and blood and spit and ass they spent making it perfectly derivative except where it counted, like making the alien almost 11 feet instead of eight, which actually affected gameplay because the Alien could actually spot you in any non-overhead cover way way easier because of it after a few intelligence tree unlocks, and there was no compensation from level design which what we in the game design biz call by the highly technical phrase 'artificial difficulty bullshit', kinda like the stun in Monster Hunter World,  unless you dialed down the difficulty, and thus reduced an immersive experience to a game you could game rather easily)

This is not only more of the same, but more of the same delivered via thumb into retina, and the ironic thing is instead of biting off a franchise that already ran its course of meme saturation into a dead husk about a year ago, they could have piggybacked the sales of the Cold Iron game into a legit sequel, a sequel apparently a great many of the initial players wanted a great deal, and with assets already in place and still current gen worthy, could have possibly even got it done before the property handover to the House of Mouse, or even brokered a deal to keep the dirty filthy violent bad word saying franchise alive in the House of Mouse by relegating it to the current offerings based on the financial success of the former game and then this properly fostered sequel to a critical darling.

But nah, let's just tap stuff on a phone for literally a couple minutes and hope the RNGAlien decides to use the same air vent he used last time, and hope that despite being utterly insulated from the fanbase this will somehow translate not only into big bucks now, but enough big bucks to elicit those uncanny scary plastic stepford smiles from the new owners.

SiL

SiL

That was lovely and all but it doesn't actually change the fact that the Alien 4K announcement isn't the Watch part of the plan.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2019, 01:53:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdsO-EY3fx0

Surprisingly more reasonable reaction reaction than I was expecting. lol

Local Trouble

I wanna hear your reaction on a podcast.  I bet it sounds like a compilation of F-bombs from Alien 3.

Dropship

Dropship

in touch with their fan base's expectations?

Obviously not, unless the negative responses from fans on social media outlets are what they were aiming for?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2019, 04:30:58 PM
I wanna hear your reaction on a podcast.  I bet it sounds like a compilation of F-bombs from Alien 3.

When the Watch announcement drops.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2019, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2019, 04:30:58 PM

When the Watch announcement drops.

Jesus this must be good.

I have one question;
is the fanbase going to be split?

Corporal Hicks

I just mean so I can do it all in one episode. lol

From what I know I'm looking forward to it. Whether it's as cool as what I currently know about it, we'll see!

Local Trouble

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 10, 2019, 10:05:38 AMAs for castes, I'm not really one for how those particular ones evolved. There's a definite continuity to how those ones worked, and the praetorian in #2 played into that, but I've got a very distinctly clear idea of how the biology works and it wasn't something I could put to full use in Defiance. Not to say I don't love what I drew in there, but if you gave me a series to myself, I'll give you a clear vision of how I see the biology working in regards to the caste system.

I always figured the "aging theory" was the most prevalent (e.g. that the alien soldiers shed the smooth carapace over time).  I think that's how Cameron explained it when pressed on why Stan Winston's aliens didn't have them.

Do you have any ideas regarding the function of the back tubes and why the runner didn't have any?

Vermillion

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2019, 05:47:03 PM
I just mean so I can do it all in one episode. lol

From what I know I'm looking forward to it. Whether it's as cool as what I currently know about it, we'll see!

Is there a broad announcement timeline?  Soon?  A week?  A month?

Still Collating...

I'm glad we got a response. No microtransactions are a good thing. Now I might even pick this up. Maybe.

Of course Isolation 2 isn't happening, would be supersized if it was. It has a cult status and it's fanbase is growing slowly, but it cost a lot to make as far as I know. CA put in so much work and detail in the world that it was more expensive than one would expect. The amount of sales needed to make a great profit that's unreasonable expected of them was never in the cards.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 10, 2019, 11:12:38 AM
That was lovely and all but it doesn't actually change the fact that the Alien 4K announcement isn't the Watch part of the plan.

Again, it is for me.

#read as Fox and hapless Developer completely fumble the ball in front a 350 pound lineman n their own five yard line, twice
#play another game, also probably not #play The Division, Weyland Yutani MT$ Edition
#watch 4K alien and forget that any of this #OC Deviantart donut steel misfire is still attempting to be a thing as the mouse ears loom ever closer in the background

Local Trouble

Did you post a review for Alien Isolation?  This I gotta see.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed