Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 48,136 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Welp, Blakout's a mobile game. So much for that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/gaming/news/alien-blackout-is-a-survival-horror-mobile-game-starring-amanda-ripley-1203101143/amp/

I guess there's a bit of comfort in knowing that this isn't Cold Iron's game at least, so there's still a game being worked on out there at least.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/gaming/news/alien-blackout-is-a-survival-horror-mobile-game-starring-amanda-ripley-1203101143/amp/

I guess there's a bit of comfort in knowing that this isn't Cold Iron's game at least, so there's still a game being worked on out there at least.

If it's free on Google Play, I'm excited, because that's all I have access to right now.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Ah geez...
At least we still have the Cold Iron one.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh...

newbeing

My reaction was " OOOH oh? errr? *hopeful shoulder shrug* ehhhh?"

Predwars24

Well, yikes ain't that a disappointment. I like the idea, but it seems to be a Five nights at Freddies clone, just repackaged as an alien game. Dammit, I can guarantee you have to pay for the game too. They took down AVP Evolution and Predators and release this? Ew.

HybridNewborn

Well that's a bit of a disappointment.

I'm willing to give it a shot, but... the pitch doesn't sound promising...

Valaquen

Bummer.

Well, hopefully that shooter will turn out good.

Cellien

Cellien

Mobile games are dead, at least to gamers.  Can't believe they are wasting time energy with this.

moonpatrol

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....I'll stick with Zork on my mobile flip.

MattFiler

MattFiler

I suggested this premise years ago as a DLC for Alien: Isolation - just with multiplayer instead of the team being AI driven. Interested to see how it plays, certainly seems to be re-using a lot of assets from Isolation.

EDIT: This doesn't mean I'm ok with the sequel to Isolation being a mobile game, however. It's a neat idea but why does it need to be played as Amanda Ripley? There seems to be very little story so I don't get why you would waste a character from a game that fans are asking for a sequel of, especially knowing what backlash any marketing campaign would get for that. I'll play it out of love for the franchise, but am still looking towards the Cold Iron game as the next "true" entry into the Alien game series.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Damn it, not playing on mobile. When it comes to expenditure/profit possibly a good decision. Guess i got to lower my expectations for future game announcements, mobile platform seems to be an increasing threat :D

Still Collating...

Why though?
Might be fun, lets see how this turns out. Still, I'm sad that it's not anything more grand.

Mister Skeezler

Makes total sense! Because when you want a captivating and immersive experience, why not go with a tiny screen with tiny speakers?

Is it too late to get that option with Kane's actual son that someone mentioned in the previous thread? I was genuinely excited for a follow-up to Alien Isolation...never would have thought it would be a mobile game. Very disappointing.

Schrödinger

Well damn. So unless you sell your ovaries or nuts for a good "Gaming" phone... You're gonna be either A: Stuck with a phone emulator on the PC which will be clunky as hell to play, or B: One of many who will be stuck waiting for a proper frackin Alien/Aliens game >.<. 

Why do good things have to be butchered.?...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed