Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 49,644 times)

Felipescado

how many games WERE NOT GOING TO HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS, or lootboxes or pay to win systems for them to just a month after have them added after the first impressions?

Perfect-Organism

Just glanced through here.  Did we ever figure out what watch means?

SM

SM

And aren't you glad you glanced?

The Watch has not been revealed yet.

Perfect-Organism

Not sure how to feel about the response to be honest.  Trying to stay optimistic.  My guess is a Netflix-type series will be announced.

Richman678

I am kind of split on this myself. First I'm glad there's no micro transactions in Blackout. I'm happy we got a new Alien game as well. The problem is it features Amanda Ripley. She's the protagonist of Isolation which ended on a cliffhanger.

So based on that i can see why people are upset. I can also see how it's comparable to the Blizzard fiasco.

If Blackout had a different main star then it would be great moving forward.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Actually it's ok by marketing standards to have a good mobile game out there for exposure to foxnet.. lets just be patient for the next few games hopefully some great ones come out. Imagine a game with Tristan Jones type aliens..that'd be trippy.

Huggs

Huggs

At this point, I could make it with just Isolation and AVP3. Isolation was the perfect Alien experience for me. AVP3 was a fun fps that handled Aliens, Predators, and the Marines. It looked better and played better than A:CM, and I got all the scary/fun moments I wanted, and then some.

Hyperdyne120A2

Hyperdyne120A2

An Isolation sequel would be a total dream come true. While this multiplayer aaa sounds intriguing, I pine for another pure horror survival Alien experience. Isolation felt like such an unlikely move, being set in the largely unexplored universe of the first film, 4 years on, I still feel so incredibly lucky it exists! I always played bioshock and thought, man if they did an Alien game like this...and Christ, they did! Now we're getting more marines vs aliens shoot em up stuff. Trust me I'll buy it, but I seriously hope there's a new spin on it...

Cellien

Cellien

I think this was a good response from them.  They were honest and actually acknowledged the concerns of the fans.  Good on them.  Now they just need to make some good products in the franchise. :)

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 10, 2019, 03:42:17 AM
Imagine a game with Tristan Jones type aliens..that'd be trippy.

Oh man... If you put me behind the wheel of any of these things...

Because I got some f**kin' ideas.

All that aside, I'm looking forward to Blackout. I think people just need to keep expectations in check. All this hyperbolic nonsense coming out of these youtube channels is insane. And as someone that does a few days of work in a shop that sells a LOT of Alien and Predator stuff, I can promise you there are more people out there that'll check this out than are on this board.

I can also tell you that Fox are pretty on the ball when it comes to the fans, but they also know that the fanbase extends beyond the internet hangouts... It's a balance. At the end of the day, not everyone is gonna be happy, and the countless bits of pieces of media released -- from the films to the games to the books to the comics all point to that.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 10, 2019, 04:34:29 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 10, 2019, 03:42:17 AM
Imagine a game with Tristan Jones type aliens..that'd be trippy.

Oh man... If you put me behind the wheel of any of these things...

SOLD. I'm there.  ;D

Local Trouble

Just, please...no skull.

tyrannosaurusjones

I'm yet to actually watch the movie and SEE the skull yet, so as far as I'm concerned it's not a thing.

SiL

SiL

It's very faintly visible in some shots in the shuttle at the end on BluRay. If you're looking for it and don't blink.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 10, 2019, 06:31:38 AM
I'm yet to actually watch the movie and SEE the skull yet, so as far as I'm concerned it's not a thing.

I saw definite signs of skullage on the first alien corpse encountered aboard the LV-44-40 station.  However, the other aliens in Defiance appeared to be entirely skull-free even though one or two of them appeared to have the smooth carapace of the original.  Were they supposed to be young adults while the so-called "ridge tops" were their fully-matured siblings?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed