Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 05, 2019, 02:49:37 PM

Author
Things You Liked About Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 26,243 times)

Local Trouble

As I understand it, my life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of AvPG.  I am the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite Corporal Hicks' sincerest efforts, he has been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision.  While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control.  Which has led me, inexorably, here.

TheSailingRabbit

A more sophisticated version of Verm.

Vermillion

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 11, 2019, 05:19:37 PM
You secure that sh?t!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 11, 2019, 05:20:33 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 11, 2019, 05:19:37 PM
You secure that sh?t!

I don't know how.

I'm too short, man.

JokersWarPig

The launch trailer with that sound track from Moon is in my top 3 video game trailers of all time. It's perfect.
The visuals in the game; they got the look of the USCM just about perfectly recreated from how they looked in the movie.
The soundtrack
The motion tracker mechanic. I can't emphasize how much I loved this.
The Raven and the Crusher.
The multiplayer USCM customization, the weapon customization and the new weapons that were added because they felt like natural extensions of what we'd already seen.

The multiplayer as a whole I loved, but specifically the Escape! mode. This was probably the most intense game mode I'd played in a while (especially when you had two good teams) and brought me back to the Dead Space 2 multiplayer which I really, really enjoyed.

Wweyland

The Legendary Weapons and mostly everything about the weapons.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 11, 2019, 07:41:32 PM
The Legendary Weapons and mostly everything about the weapons.

I hated that Hudson's pulse rifle was burst fire. I downloaded the mod that changes that to full auto and it was the main weapon I used on my play through.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 11, 2019, 05:18:58 PM
Ah, that's a bunch of horseshit.

We can take off without that.

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 11, 2019, 06:01:07 PM
I don't know how you feel about action figures, but have you seen the figures of the Raven and Crusher that Hiya Toys released recently? Because they're goddamn fantastic.

426Buddy

I've tried to play through ACM 3 times but I never get much past the Derelict. Its just so unenjoyable that I can't take it anymore and go back to AvP'10 or Alien Isolation.

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2019, 02:15:08 PM
I've tried to play through ACM 3 times but I never get much past the Derelict. Its just so unenjoyable that I can't take it anymore and go back to AvP'10 or Alien Isolation.

You only missed the worst ending boss fight in history.

Xenomrph

I'm not saying it's *good*, but conceptually it's actually a lot like the final boss fight in the Marine campaign in AvPClassic.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 12, 2019, 11:02:14 AM
I don't know how you feel about action figures, but have you seen the figures of the Raven and Crusher that Hiya Toys released recently? Because they're goddamn fantastic.

The shop I get my NECA stuff from has them in their Alien/Predator section and man, is it hard to not buy these things. They do look great and I think about it every time, but then I know I'll need to pick up some of the marines to go with them and then that might lead to trying to get their APC and I don't think I want to open the door to a 4th hobby  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 17, 2019, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 12, 2019, 11:02:14 AM

The shop I get my NECA stuff from has them in their Alien/Predator section and man, is it hard to not buy these things. They do look great and I think about it every time, but then I know I'll need to pick up some of the marines to go with them and then that might lead to trying to get their APC and I don't think I want to open the door to a 4th hobby  :laugh:
I found it really easy to pass on the Marines and APC - the Marines really don't look that good, and the APC is massively overpriced. Heck, I'd love to get the powerloader that Hiya Toys made, but $80 is just way too much (especially when the Crusher and Raven are roughly the same size and half the price).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed