Started by yhe1, Dec 29, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

The Predator vs AVP 2004

The Predator
8 (15.1%)
AVP 2004
45 (84.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
The Predator vs AVP 2004 (Read 5,728 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 31, 2018, 05:21:35 AM
I put AVPR above The Predator any day. I like my Predator and Alien movies to be serious.

Yeah, i think that's what I'm homing in on. Because as shit as Requiem is, at least the Predator portion of that film is serious and is more in line with what came before. Just a shame that film really shitted on the Aliens though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 31, 2018, 10:26:04 AM
I put AVPR above The Predator any day. I like my Predator and Alien movies to be serious.

Yeah, i think that's what I'm homing in on. Because as shit as Requiem is, at least the Predator portion of that film is serious and is more in line with what came before. Just a shame that film really shitted on the Aliens though.
Eh... the aliens did have that awesome clearing out of town and national guard scene. They didn't show it but seeing that empty lines of cars was neat and suggests something really bad happened.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Easily AVP.

It added more stuff to the Predator mythology without changing the core concepts as to why Predators hunt. Screw that genetic harvesting bullshit.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

AVP has a much more coherent story, and it adds better things to Predator lore than The Predator does, so I' have to go with AVP.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 31, 2018, 10:26:04 AM

I don't know about that, Wolf was a screw up, he was hard to take seriously as a cleaner and elder.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 03, 2019, 10:15:53 PM
Easily AVP.

It added more stuff to the Predator mythology without changing the core concepts as to why Predators hunt. Screw that genetic harvesting bullshit.

It was also a family friendly movie, which fit so well with the two creatures right ?  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 04, 2019, 03:54:19 PM
It was also a family friendly movie, which fit so well with the two creatures right ?  :laugh:

Better a movie that tries to tell it's audience that Autism is a super power and the kid is a f**king X-Man.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I take Black's version any day over AVP who took itself entirely seriously, but eh, opinions...

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 03, 2019, 10:15:53 PM
Easily AVP.

You're going to make people foam at the mouth with that comment. In particular the alien purists and the AvP haters (whom are usually one in the same).

😂

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nah, except for their ramped up lifecycle, Aliens were treated with more respect than the Crabators Predators in AVP.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 05, 2019, 03:31:42 PM
Nah, except for their ramped up lifecycle, Aliens were treated with more respect than the Crabators Predators in AVP.

But they were inexperienced teens. Doesn't that soften the blow a little?  ;D

Also, the Alien Lex stabbed died like a sucker.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 05, 2019, 12:13:06 AM

Better a movie that tries to tell it's audience that Autism is a super power and the kid is a f**king X-Man.
^this. 
AvP was pretty good for lore padding.

The Old One

The Old One

They were the Resurrection Aliens in modern day versus Crabators,
with cardboard cutout characters to fill the scene.

You're just comparing two different heaps of shit.
At least The Predator had decent characters,
the writing was still garbage and it features
Predator dog things with designs so bad-
they sit alongside everything Alien in AVPR.

There's also the obvious cynicism behind both,
in AVP in particular I can feel it seething through
the screen with the casting of Lance Henriksen
as a vain attempt to give the film legitimacy.
And the casting of a female lead,
but if she's white people will compare her with
Sigourney Weaver! So she's black.

On the contrary;
AVP seems to have some attempts
at reverence for the creatures-
with the overhead shot of the spaceship
the Queen's introduction etc

So, yes-
Both unique heaps of trash.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 05, 2019, 12:13:06 AM

Yeah, it's a problem with the definition of Autism because Asperger's Syndrome has been combined with it.
This confuses a lot of people.
Some believe that Einstein and Bill Gates had Asperger's Syndrome, especially when they were younger.
If the film didn't mention Autism and just said the kid had Asperger's Syndrome that would be more clear. Then getting that kind of Asperger's DNA could make more sense.
But the movie mixes Autism and Asperger's partly because psychologists and the Autism community have done that.
- Anyway, the kid is more like Einstein than someone with severe Autism. 
Not explaining that clearly was a flaw in the movie.

* As for "the kid is a f**king X-Man".
I've seen something like this before.
Take young John Connor in T2.
He's a computer expert hacking ATM machines.
He's an expert dirt bike rider doing stunts.
That kind of thing can happen in these kinds of movies.

;)

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Predator took it to a whole new level. The kid was called the new step on human evolution. Shane is into some weird stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed