Started by yhe1, Dec 29, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

The Predator vs AVP 2004

The Predator
8 (15.1%)
AVP 2004
45 (84.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
The Predator vs AVP 2004 (Read 5,725 times)

Still Collating...

AVP, no contest for me at all. I really enjoyed that one for all the reasons mentioned above while The Predator is the first movie in this whole franchise (including the AVPs, the prequels, A:R, Predators) that I dislike more than like, sadly. Too bad things turned out like this.  :'(

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

The Predator for me. Primarily because it featured a Predator that actually seemed like it was from the same universe as P1 and P2. The Predators in AVP, a few minor shots apart, were horrendous.

The characters in The Predator were also far superior and resembled more than their cardboard cut out, cannon fodder AVP counterparts.

Plus although its a poor film, The Predator is actually fun to watch. AVP is a bore and the worst thing about it that movie is the stuff with the actual creatures, which is kind of unforgivable really.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The jungle scene and the blood dripping-on-face shot atomizes both AVP movies, common !

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 30, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
The jungle scene and the blood dripping-on-face shot atomizes both AVP movies, common !

That part was cool.

I've wondered. Does a Predator kill everyone with a gun?  He didn't need to kill the sniper team at all...only track his stolen stuff and kill Quinn. 

Also. The escape pod crashed in Mexico. So the main ship crashed in Mexico.
How the fook did they travel cross border so easily and that fast and that distance.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

AVP 2004. As mediocre as it was, didn't come close to being a circus train wreck like the Predator. It was just wasted potential.

The Predator had no potential to begin with.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah plenty of potential with paul anderson, for sure.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I think the Anderson was one of the problems to begin with. I just hate his style and the kind of movies he makes. It's so videogamey and cheesy.

A lot of people love Event Horizon, but even there, the best of that movie is the cool idea not the directing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Since upgrades are relevant to "The Predator" and by extension, this thread... to me, Paul Anderson is an upgraded Uwe Boll.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

He alsp didnt write Event Horizon which is also key.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright, AVP is a better film than The Predator. There I said it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 30, 2018, 06:38:24 PM
AVP 2004. As mediocre as it was, didn't come close to being a circus train wreck like the Predator. It was just wasted potential.

The Predator had no potential to begin with.

/thread, but my opinion...

While watching both movies are like being strapped down to a chair with a battery pack hooked up to your nipples and you are bound and gagged and forced to swish with your own vomit... The Predator has corn chunks. AvP does not. Most accurate measurement I can come up with.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP 2004.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 09:37:47 PM
Alright, AVP is a better film than The Predator. There I said it.
A lot of people have said it.

PsyKore

PsyKore

AvP is better. And I'm a bit indecisive on this but I think Requiem might even be better.

Huggs

Huggs

I put AVPR above The Predator any day. I like my Predator and Alien movies to be serious.
Now it's possible to inject alittle goofiness in there, like Resurrection did. But it was still, at it's core
trying to be an Alien movie. The Predator was just trying to be a comedy/buddy movie, and it flat out
sucked at it. I felt like I was watching a cheap and cheesy 90's comedy that somehow managed
to have slightly better effects.

I kept expecting John Goodman to show up doing Fred Flintstone. The writing was just so lazy.
Everything at the barn and the house was so...pointless. It felt like the writers were just grasping for
filler material to keep the runtime at an acceptable level.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed