AVPR- LIGHTING

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 29, 2018, 01:22:56 AM

Author
AVPR- LIGHTING (Read 19,351 times)

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Anderson was supposed to come back for AvP 2 right? Was he just too busy?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I assumed after the reaction from AVP, they didn't want him back. I remember hearing that before AVP's release there was plans for a possible sequel to have Lex back, but that after the negative reaction to the pred-human teamup, that was changed.

SiL

SiL

The script mentions "Lex Will Return in AvP: Annihilation."

I doubt it was the team up specifically so much as the overall lacklustre response -- but it's never actually been made known why he didn't return.

Samhain13

Samhain13

"Annihilation." That title would fit better on the EU.

SiL

SiL

Didn't help that Anderson just used it for Resident Evil that year as well :D

EDIT

Derp, that was Apocalypse.

Still, more fitting for those films than AvP.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 31, 2019, 02:16:36 PM
Isn't there a BTS video of one of the camera men complaining that he can't see anything because its dark?

Yep, and someone telling him to shut up or something.

SiL

SiL

There are two videos of people complaining about the lighting:

When they film the Alien bursting through the window. That's the Director of Photography saying the batteries in the torch need to be replaced because it's now too weak.

When filming the rooftop. That's the "shut up" moment.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 07:28:30 AM
AVP-CAPCOM's correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTXTb03Ixc

Thank's for linking that.

Yes whoever did the contrast and colour correction for that trailer (providing that might have been how the film looked before the "blackening" process) needs to do that for the entire film.

But as I said
- No-one cares outside of AVPG
- Haven't seen any new releases of AVP-R since Blu-Ray double AVP movie set and they don't fix the core issue of brightness, colour contrast or correction.

Nowt to do with "TV sets", TV settings and I'm not going to screw up my TV colour settings just cause of one movie.

I still like AVP-R though and would rate it higher if they did fix it somehow even if limited download release.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 31, 2019, 11:02:26 PM
I assumed after the reaction from AVP, they didn't want him back. I remember hearing that before AVP's release there was plans for a possible sequel to have Lex back, but that after the negative reaction to the pred-human teamup, that was changed.

Paul W S Anderson said he had no intention of doing an AVP sequel in this interview. You can see hurt and contempt as the interviewer talks the negative feedback against AVP-2004.

The Old One

The Old One

Agree with him on the uneven tone of Resurrection at least.
He misses the point of the of the Alien's potential to come to Earth.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 01, 2019, 09:07:50 PM
Agree with him on the uneven tone of Resurrection at least.
He misses the point of the of the Alien's potential to come to Earth.

How does he "miss the point"?

The Old One

The Old One

Because the point was, if it gets to Earth we're f**ked.

AVP and AVPR especially,
undercut that fear by saying;

"Nah it's fine, they've been on Earth for hundreds of years- at least."

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 02, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
Because the point was, if it gets to Earth we're f**ked.

AVP and AVPR especially,
undercut that fear by saying;

"Nah it's fine, they've been on Earth for hundreds of years- at least."

So? I mean people have been longing to see Aliens on Earth ever since the original films, and the Aliens on Antarctica had been kept in check by the Predators (and the situations weren't "fine" by any means), and the entire point about the AVP films was to show the danger of Aliens on Earth and why they should never be allowed to return and at the same time tempting the early iterations of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation to go looking for these creatures again. I don't feel like your complaint makes any real sense.

SM

SM

It makes sense in that it undermines four movies of Ripley trying to stop them getting to Earth.

That said, is 20 months a record for a response?

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2020, 01:08:02 PM
It makes sense in that it undermines four movies of Ripley trying to stop them getting to Earth.

That said, is 20 months a record for a response?

That makes no sense. Please explain what the problem is supposed to be. How does it "undermine" Ripley trying to stop them from getting to Earth? They're not on Earth by the time Ripley's journey gets going, as all the Aliens that were on Earth were exterminated in 2004 (and the Alien Queen that remained alive lies frozen on the bottom of the Antarctic ocean). What is the problem?

SiL

SiL

The problem is that the AvP films treat Aliens on earth as easily solvable, thus undermining Ripley's fear of what would happen if they did get to the planet. According to AvP films, the answer to "what would happen if just one of them got to earth" is "not much".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed