All Upcoming Alien Media

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 26, 2018, 11:36:04 PM

Author
All Upcoming Alien Media (Read 1,178 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I'm worried about the future of this franchise, so I wanted to gather a list of all the new Alien media that we know is coming soon.  Any omissions or errors?

WHAT WE KNOW IS COMING FOR SURE

Alien: Blackout (video game)
Fox hired a company called Cold Iron Studios to make a game.  They also registered a copyright on the title "Alien: Blackout."  Not much else is known at this time.

Aliens: Dust to Dust (comic)
A 4-issue comic series about a mother and her son trying to escape an alien infestation only to have their ship overrun with the creatures.

Aliens: Resistance (comic)
4-issue comic series which follows the further adventures of Amanda Ripley after Alien: Isolation as she fights to expose Weyland-Yutani experiments with the aliens.  (I'm pretty sure this is what the official Alien Instagram was teasing with their 6-part dossier of motion images.)

William Gibson's Alien 3 (comic)
A 5-issue adaptation of an unproduced script for Alien 3.

The Greenhouse Effect, Alien: Ore, Alien: Alone, No Escape, Night Shift, Alien: Harvest (short films)
Six crews of fans were chosen via Tongal contest to make short films in connection to the original Alien for the 40th anniversary.  These will range from 5 to 9 minutes in length.

Alien: Isolation (novel)
We assume this is a novelization of the video game, though the author teased that it will be slightly more than that.

Alien: Echo (young adult novel)
Teenage twin girls fight for survival as their colony is infested with aliens.

Alien: The Blueprints (book)
A collection of blueprints for ships from all six Alien films.

The Making Of Alien (book)
A comprehensive behind-the-scenes look with new interviews from the crew.

AVP: The Hunt Begins - Hot Landing Zone (miniature game expansion)
A large expansion to an AVP miniatures game.

Memory - The Origin of Alien (documentary)
A new documentary looking back at the production of Alien.

WHAT MAY POSSIBLY BE COMING

Alien TV Series
Supposed insider rumors claim that a streaming series is in the works and that it's found a streaming service to call home.  No word on what the story/stories will be, what service it will be on, or if Disney will cancel this after the buyout.

Alien: Awakening (film sequel to Covenant)
A crewmember took to blu-ray.com forums to inform us that this film has been pushed back from its original shooting date.  A franchise consultant informed us that Fox was giving Ridley one final film to tie up the prequel series, but at a reduced budget.  But Ridley has a busy schedule, he could balk due to the budget constraint, but most likely of all: The new Disney overlords might cancel the project all together.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Hey there, nice post. Thanks for writing down all the new different types of media. I knew about most but not all. There's also the book with Jonesy the cat.

I'm excited about all the new comics and new video game. Looking forward to all nicely made fan videos both animated and not.

I like this especially "Six crews of fans were chosen via Tongal contest to make short films in connection to the original Alien for the 40th anniversary.  These will range from 5 to 9 minutes in length."

Who is Tongal? Happy to see people trying to make Alien type of short movies. Let's see how they turn out. Nice titles so far: "The Greenhouse Effect, Alien: Ore, Alien: Alone, No Escape, Night Shift, Alien: Harvest".

Will definitely buy the Alien Isolation on Audible if it comes out there.

How come you're worried? At this point people should know what works and what doesn't.

I'm just hoping there's no more new mutations besides the regular Alien-Aliens, protomorphs and neomorphs. If I see any movie or book with 8 handed Aliens or any dumshit of the sorts, I'm pressing the stop button.

There's enough lore and creatures now, we need good storylines, situations, locations, etc.

Happy that at least Dark Horse, the latest novels, game(s) hopefully, have all stepped up to the plate big time with great new products. Even though the latest 2 movies were only better than average, it kind of expanded the timeline and lore which is a good thing.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 03:10:24 AM.
I'm just hoping there's no more new mutations besides the regular Alien-Aliens, protomorphs and neomorphs. If I see any movie or book with 8 handed Aliens or any dumshit of the sorts, I'm pressing the stop button.

Sorry to say, Fire and Stone
exists and is full of similar
dumb shit.

SM

SM

Has Blackout been linked to Cold Iron?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 03:10:24 AM
Who is Tongal?
A crowd-sourcing film company that seems to have a strict vetting process.  These short films should turn out to be pretty high quality.  Fox even backed each one with $30,000.  I'm not sure if these will be dumped onto the internet or included in some 40th anniversary blu-ray or what.

QuoteHow come you're worried? At this point people should know what works and what doesn't.
I love Prometheus and Covenant and am super invested in David's story.  I want to see it completed.  But after Covenant's box office and the Disney buyout, I'm not only concerned that this may not happen, but I don't know if Disney will do anything with the property at all.  Worse yet, they might try to do PG-13 Alien movies.

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2018, 04:22:55 AM
Has Blackout been linked to Cold Iron?
I guess not.  I've just seen a lot of people assuming.  Blackout and the Cold Iron game could be two separate projects.
(But the trademark for Blackout is worded for a video game, so we do know it isn't a movie or TV show.)
https://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=EMTM.017988931

The Old One

The Old One

£30,000 is nothing in movie money.

If you've got volunteers...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 27, 2018, 06:50:22 AM
£30,000 is nothing in movie money.
It's a really, really nice amount for a 5 minute short.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 27, 2018, 03:10:24 AM
Hey there, nice post. Thanks for writing down all the new different types of media. I knew about most but not all. There's also the book with Jonesy the cat.

If you are referring to this item, it's been released for a while now.

-Windebieste.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Wasn't there a new AvP comic announced too for 2019? Or was I drinking too much.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 27, 2018, 02:43:00 PM
Wasn't there a new AvP comic announced too for 2019? Or was I drinking too much.

You're drinking too much.

426Buddy

426Buddy

No there was word that a new AvP comic series was going to be announced. It hasn't happened yet though obviously.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 27, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

Wasn't it a sequel to Life and Death? Can't remember well.

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully not.

(A sequel to Life and Death.)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thank you all. This means I'm not drinking too much!  ;D

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 27, 2018, 06:57:36 PM
Thank you all. This means I'm not drinking too much!  ;D

I bet you can stop anytime if you want to  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed