It is Impossible

Started by Xenomorph60, Dec 25, 2018, 03:00:58 AM

Author
It is Impossible (Read 24,199 times)

SM

SM

I think two films give us a pretty good indication of LV-426 weather.

The Old One

The Old One

The Eggs are viable as long as the stasis field is.

SM

SM

Possibly.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2019, 06:14:47 AM
QuoteSo, there was no volcanic action in those alleged thousands of years?

There was.  Dallas, Kane and Lambert walked past a bunch of geyser vents on the way to the Derelict.
Precisely, probably should have said significant volcanic activity, enough to split the hull. Archeron seems fairly active for the rock it is, activity over thousands of years and no damage?

The Old One

The Old One

The Prometheus crashes the Juggernaut, but doesn't leave a scratch-
I'll believe it laid there undisturbed for thousands of years, if you say so.

I maintain that the setup of the Atmosphere processors likely had
something to do with the damage to the Alien Derelict, inadvertently.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

I like that, but I'm just going off of Cameron's explanation to some irate fans regarding the warning beacon being disabled.

"Since we and the Nostromo crew last saw it, it has been damaged by volcanic activity, a lava flow having crushed it against a rock outcropping and ripped open its hull. Aside from considerations of visual interest, this serves as a justification for the acoustic beacon being non-operational."             How the atmosphere processor would have a seismic impact here I don't know, I'm no geophysics expert haha

SiL

SiL

We obviously have no way of knowing the condition the ship was in prior to arriving at LV-426. It might've already been a piece of shit, or laying there for years when it was found. Constant sand-blasting by the planetoid's atmosphere could weaken it over time.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Maybe it was the millennium falcon of the engineers' fleet.  :D

SM

SM

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 10, 2019, 09:43:27 AM
I like that, but I'm just going off of Cameron's explanation to some irate fans regarding the warning beacon being disabled.

"Since we and the Nostromo crew last saw it, it has been damaged by volcanic activity, a lava flow having crushed it against a rock outcropping and ripped open its hull. Aside from considerations of visual interest, this serves as a justification for the acoustic beacon being non-operational."             How the atmosphere processor would have a seismic impact here I don't know, I'm no geophysics expert haha

I don't imagine terraforming would make any difference to the Derelict.  It makes the air warmer and breathable - but the near constant gales were the same before and after.

SiL

SiL

ADF did point out that it nows rains, though.

Maybe the derelict was made out of Triffids.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Agreed @SM.

Quote from: SiL on Jan 10, 2019, 10:37:22 AM
ADF did point out that it nows rains, though.

Maybe the derelict was made out of Triffids.

Space croissants have enough salt from the butter to withstand the elements.

The Old One

The Old One

Mmm... croissants.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 09, 2019, 06:34:25 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2019, 06:31:08 AM
The ships of Prometheus were stored in hangar.
What's more, how long are the eggs viable? Because there must be a connection between the juggernaut and the eggs, given the chesbursted engineer. If there is a limit to how long the eggs can remain dormant and viable, that would narrow down your timeframe.

I think some of the eggs were dead in the that cargo hold, Kane falls on one and it doesn't open, the Anesidora crew freely roamed the area and only one egg opened. So either they have a limited life span or the eggs may cannibalize each other for nutrients, I mean they would have to have some form of nourishment to keep its self alive.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Wasn't that blue light on top of them working as some kind of stasis field for them? Thus preveting them from dying?

They all looked "full", I imagine a dead alien egg looking a little different.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 30, 2018, 08:05:27 AM
I think the answer to a lot of the hypothetical questions you offered as examples is "who cares"?
No, seriously. The origin of the Alien was an off-limits topic within the fiction for like 30 years and fans and audiences were completely okay with that - heck, I'd argue that a not-insignificant percentage (of not a majority) preferred not knowing where the Alien came from. The problem with Prometheus/Covenant (and with many prequels) is it answered questions nobody asked, or nobody wanted answered.

Not the pattern I've seen over the years. Countless people have asked those hypothetical questions countless times. There were page after page of threads regarding those questions on the old imdb forum to name one example. I'm not going to dig into this very forum's archive going back several years, but it wouldn't surprise me to find these questions the topic of multiple threads.

I don't know how far AVPG archive on display goes back, but for a quick AVPG example.....let's see..... how about revisiting this very thread where 21 pages are peppered with members debating the origin of the egg......not to mention the original post asks, "where do the eggs come from?"

So to answer your question who cares, I would bet quite a few.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 14, 2019, 02:21:01 PM
Wasn't that blue light on top of them working as some kind of stasis field for them? Thus preveting them from dying?

The blue lazer was a Ridley Scott add on. According to what I've read, The Who were rehearsing in a stage next to Scott's Alien project. The crew had taken a break and stepped over to watch The Who, it was a dress rehearsal, meaning stage lights activated including their lazers. Sometime later, Scott had borrowed The Who's lazers for the egg chamber scene. He thought it would be a cool visual effect. As for its in-story function.....hey, it's Ridley "don't bother me with story" Scott.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed