The Predator all missing footage

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 23, 2018, 05:07:50 PM

Author
The Predator all missing footage (Read 2,946 times)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Shane Black mentioned in a interview with Collider, its on youtube, that he pitched the ideal to Fox to have 2 versions of The Predator movie with all the filmed footage being put onto both versions for the Blu-ray. He called it the Am and Pm version. That would of been so cool to see the missing footage and maybe the editing would of been better and not as choppy. There has to be at least 30-40 min of missing footage. I just want to see it mostly for all the Predator action scenes that were cut like Upgrade during the day and the mercenary Predators on the tank. But of course Fox will be Fox and said no to that ideal. Like the Predator 2 Nc-17 cut that we will never see, this missing footage would probably be the same. Although Shane said in that interview that they would have to spend more money on putting effects for that missing footage, I think Fox should of still done it. The movie made back its budget world wide. Its not every day we get a new Predator movie. The last one was a 8 year gap and who knows how long it will be till the next one. Fox should just let the Predator fans have a ride with all missing footage being put back for 2 versions of the film like Shane said.

Huggs

Huggs

They did the right thing changing the ending to pm. I saw a screenshot or a few seconds of footage on the bluray, showing Traeger and some other character near a tree in the woods during daylight. It looked like something out of an episode of the Andy Griffith show, and I personally have no interest in seeing it.

As for the other predators, weren't they killed rather quickly? I don't think their presence would help that much. I think the whole movie was a bad idea when it was still just on paper, and I'll never understand how it got any farther than that. Nothing can or could save this story, nothing. It probably would've been better as one of the novels, I'll say that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 12:35:59 AM
They did the right thing changing the ending to pm. I saw a screenshot or a few seconds of footage on the bluray, showing Traeger and some other character near a tree in the woods during daylight. It looked like something out of an episode of the Andy Griffith show

Per the advice of my legal council (a certain rabbit), I will not be posting an eyeroll gif as a response to this, no matter how tempting.  However Huggsy, I will just suggest that you are laying it on a little thick my good friend!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 05:13:44 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 12:35:59 AM
They did the right thing changing the ending to pm. I saw a screenshot or a few seconds of footage on the bluray, showing Traeger and some other character near a tree in the woods during daylight. It looked like something out of an episode of the Andy Griffith show

Per the advice of my legal council (a certain rabbit), I will not be posting an eyeroll gif as a response to this, no matter how tempting.  However Huggsy, I will just suggest that you are laying it on a little thick my good friend!

It's cool brother, I don't mind being scrutinized. My point was that I agree with the studio's decision to replace the daylight hunt. It literally looked like it was taking place in an area resembling that used in the production of the Andy Griffith show. That wasn't actually sarcasm, it was the God's honest truth. For some, that statement might not mean much, but as a die hard Andy Griffith fan, it definitely would've removed a large portion of the tension for me. There was a time when I would've supported the idea of a second cut of the film, but seeing the difference, I think the studio made a good decision there. It would've been like the lander scene in Covenant.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 05:23:54 AM
but as a die hard Andy Griffith fan

(giggle) I'm sorry, that was rude of me. Let's try this again.

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 05:23:54 AM
but as a die hard Andy Griffith fan

(giggle) okay, I'm sorry. I've been drinking gin and obviously it's made me obnoxious.  Errr... or more obnoxious than usual. ;D

QuoteThere was a time when I would've supported the idea of a second cut of the film, but seeing the difference, I think the studio made a good decision there. It would've been like the lander scene in Covenant.

I agree. It's not often I side with studio dictacted cuts, but this time, I think Fox turned a franchise-killer, into something tolerable.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 05:34:10 AM

(giggle) okay, I'm sorry. I've been drinking gin and obviously it's made me obnoxious.  Errr... or more obnoxious than usual. ;D

Oh, I love me some Mayberry. Andy and Barney have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Go look at that snippet and tell me it doesn't look like Goober's gonna walk up and point that double barrel at Traeger.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's just drunk stupid me teasing. Never heard the phrase "die hard Andy Griffith fan" before.  ;D. I'll go look.

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 05:46:43 AM
Go look at that snippet and tell me it doesn't look like Goober's gonna walk up and point that double barrel at Traeger.

Okay, I see what you mean.

Sorry for last night! Too much gin past midnight makes Voodoo a horse's ass!

Whos_Nick

As someone who say the old daylight cut, I definitely preferred it to what we got

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 05:52:52 AM

I know, it's in your disclaimer. ;)

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 25, 2018, 07:56:14 PM
As someone who say the old daylight cut, I definitely preferred it to what we got

Interesting. Could you elaborate on why the daylight cut worked better for you personally?

Whos_Nick

I thought the APC sequence with the hybrids was more fun than the Upgrade in the woods. There were also some additional scenes during the film that helped flesh out the story more.

McKenna being caught by Traeger, the flashbacks where he finds the dead cloaked Predator, some more of Rory's childhood where we see the division between his parents, and a different opening with the Emissaries.

The cut just felt more complete, granted I had a lot of issues with it but I felt like that version could've been fixed rather than essentially making a different film.

Hicks has an article brewing on the tests and script changes

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 25, 2018, 08:03:35 PM

That's right. I do have a disclaimer.

You know what? We should think up disclaimers for everyone here. It would helpful if new users had some warning labels on us to read, so one can know what they're getting into!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 26, 2018, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 25, 2018, 08:03:35 PM

That's right. I do have a disclaimer.

You know what? We should think up disclaimers for everyone here. It would helpful if new users had some warning labels on us to read, so one can know what they're getting into!

Prone to sarcasm and copious amounts of Horse Assery. I'm straight outta left field baby - Huggs

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Dec 23, 2018, 05:07:50 PM
The movie made back its budget world wide.
No it didn't.  It didn't even make back the production budget, never mind the ad budget.

spinksy

spinksy

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 25, 2018, 07:56:14 PM

Would love to see the daylight cut, can you explain some more on the scenes you mentioned: don't mean to be a pain but doubt we'll ever get to see it and I'm gutted lol

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 25, 2018, 09:11:12 PM
I thought the APC sequence with the hybrids was more fun than the Upgrade in the woods. There were also some additional scenes during the film that helped flesh out the story more.

McKenna being caught by Traeger, the flashbacks where he finds the dead cloaked Predator, some more of Rory's childhood where we see the division between his parents, and a different opening with the Emissaries.

The cut just felt more complete, granted I had a lot of issues with it but I felt like that version could've been fixed rather than essentially making a different film.

Hicks has an article brewing on the tests and script changes

Will definitely be interested in reading this. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed