Things you liked about Alien Resurrection

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 23, 2018, 03:41:49 PM

Author
Things you liked about Alien Resurrection (Read 10,526 times)

The Cruentus

I might be alone but other than Sigourney and Michael's performance, I liked the character of Johner. He is just unabashedly amoral and owns it.

Dingbat

I liked the caracters, the Newborn. I liked the way the xenomorphs looked, perhaps it would have been better if instead of the soldiers running away, there was an action scene wherein they all got killed by the xenomorphs, just to remind everyone how dangerous they are.

PsyKore

From memory, there was a part in the script where the Aliens killed a bunch of them while they slept in their quarters. Not really an action scene though. But besides, I don't think the soldiers were specifically there to neutralise any potential outbreak.

SiL

The cinematography, Dutch angles aside, is f**king gorgeous. Never cared for it until the Blu Ray when you can really appreciate the colours and subtleties.

Corporal Hicks

There's a lot of elements in Resurrection to like. It's great to finally see the mad scientistic thing played out in a movie. And it was subsequently great to see them escape through intelligence rather than complete dumb-f**kery.

I love Ripley 8 as a concept. I don't think the film does enough with her identity crisis or her connection to the Aliens but I do love the concept. Also the clone scene is easily one of the best in the series.

The Newborn is a cool concept. Not keen on the design but love the idea of it.

Still Collating...

The whole mad scientist, being captured and studied angle. The alien behavior, intelligence and whole escape. Those things were a giant plus for me. Ripley 8, the underwater scene and the clone scene. 

Magegg

The mercenaries was cool, as well as the fact that the deaths weren't that predictable, some 'cannon fodder' characters survived.

Local Trouble

What about Kim Flowers' ass?

SM

That didn't survive.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2019, 10:39:21 AM
That didn't survive.

More's the pity. It was such a nice one.

proto leech

-great sets and effects

-probably the most intelligent aliens in any incarnation. they were practically tool users.

-elegant swimming/bullet dodging aliens

-some of the best alien roars

-fantastic body horror that actually unnerved me when i saw it as a kid

-Newborn was a genetic freak but had some character. still probably one of the best animatronics ADI has ever done

-Ron Perlman

-giger liked it if im not mistaken

The Cruentus

Actually Giger didn't, I remember reading that he called it a piece of sh*t or a turd or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase he used.

SiL

Giger didn't like the designs and fought to get his name on the credits.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 13, 2019, 10:36:44 PM
Actually Giger didn't, I remember reading that he called it a piece of sh*t or a turd or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase he used.

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/alien-resurrection-hybrid-theory/

Quote"I always wanted my Alien to be a very beautiful thing, not just something disgusting, not just a monster, but something aesthetic. Throughout the creature's evolution what they've done is change it from something aesthetic to something that looks like shit – I mean literally, it looks like a turd."
~ HR Giger, Alien Evolution, 2001.

:laugh:

bobby brown

I Wrote something of a review/appreciation Article about it a while ago.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60164.0

the intro is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I18kPO6zQms

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed