Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 67,788 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 03:46:02 PM
People need to take responsibility for their own expectations.

Did I state otherwise? Expecting the Tongal films myself.

Local Trouble

I expect some amazing short films then.

Nukiemorph

The Tongal rules stipulated they couldn't use pre-establishes characters.

Im hoping it's the rumored streaming series, but I'm assuming it's a cartoon, motion-comic, or machinima thing, something cheap and half-assed.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 04, 2019, 05:02:15 PM
The Tongal rules stipulated they couldn't use pre-establishes characters.

They'll be all the better for it.

Local Trouble

Is Fox pulling a Morse then?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 03:46:02 PM
People need to take responsibility for their own expectations.

Did I state otherwise? Expecting the Tongal films myself.

You said:

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 03:37:40 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 09:14:03 AM
It was never going to come at Super Bowl, I'm afraid. As above, those things cost a bomb.

The longer people wait, the higher a tier they'll expect though.

I honestly think people wind themselves up too much at the minute with what they come to hope for. You're expecting the Watch component to be the Tongal stuff?

Local Trouble

If it's anything less than a trailer for a feature film, there will be whinging.

The Old One

The Old One

I just believe Fox should know by now, that people can't/won't manage their expectations- just look at all the people whom expected Alien Isolation 2 despite all the evidence to the contrary. So, the PR has to work around people's unreasonableness. CDProjekt does this, very very well.

Local Trouble

If anything, I think our expectations are higher since the Disney buyout.  We're all expecting an Alien renaissance on par with the MCU.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2019, 05:30:23 PM
If anything, I think our expectations are higher since the Disney buyout.  We're all expecting an Alien renaissance on par with the MCU.

Verm is more likely to stop trolling than for Alien to become on par with Marvel.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2019, 05:30:23 PM

I'm not, and I think people are really silly to expect that.

Partially I'm hoping they don't, because I can easily see big corporate hands watering down a franchise that's supposed to be about cosmic and corporate rape. (AVP Cinematic Universe, I can see it now.) And even if we don't get it watered down, we could easily get a "The Last Jedi" equivalent. Y'know- a renaissance without a plan based upon nostalgic imagery leading to an awful film, regardless of financial or commercial success.

Local Trouble

Is there any reason to expect that Disney would allow Dark Horse to hold onto the Alien and Predator licenses when they could just hand them over to Marvel?

The Old One

The Old One

No, I don't think so.

The Kurgan

They probably need to wait until DH's licenses run out first. However long that may take.

Frosty Venom

I'm hoping for the rumoured streaming series but am trying to prepare for something not as big.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed