What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,644 times)

Highland

I meant more like your nuts caved in when you saw that picture. That was the tipping point 😂

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 11:53:52 AM
Bust a nut implies I thought it was orgasmic  ???

I had no influence on anything. I did rile them up enough to act like teenagers themselves.

Colin called obnoxious fans pricks, and looking back on those threads - yeah, I was a prick. I stand by the resentment I had, not the way I voiced it.

I'd love to connect to the AvPR guys again, apologise, and talk filmmaking.

Actually, now I would listen.

Bravo SiL!  Well said!

P-Rock

Some of the performances were okay, and I liked the intro with the blood dripping on to the invisible pred's face. The movie looked alright too. Other than that it was very mediocre. It's not AVP-R bad, but it's quite close.

Naginata

Fugitive's eyes. I know this sounds like damning with faint praise, but I honestly loved the almost-but-not-quite yellow glow so much; it looked insanely badass while also subtly gesturing toward the luminescent green blood. Seriously, the scene where he's looking down at Olivia Munn and staring a hole in the camera? Holy shit. Chills.

That whole sequence had a ton of issues, but in that one moment, it really worked.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

SM

I watched the first 40 odd minutes on a plane (up to when Olivia Munn tries to leave the hotel room).  Not seen the rest yet.

Was pretty fun so far.  Not brilliant, but certainly entertaining.

CityhunterinPhilly

The opening act up until the point where the fugitive was brutally killed off.

The Armour was bad ass!!!

Kradan

Fugitive, Upgrade, Loonies, Traeger, father-son dynamic, predator-in-action scenes, ship designs, Upgrade's weaponry, final fight.

MaineXeno

Watching the lab escape scene made me think that this movie should of been about a predator trying to collect all the predator tech left behind from previous movies, something similar to the game Predator: Concrete Jungle.

Predwars24

I liked the lab escape, I actually like the idea of the genetic pred but it's not done well, I think that's it for me really.

Samhain13

I liked its prequel novel.

PredBabe

Quote from: Naginata on Feb 16, 2019, 01:53:32 AM
Fugitive's eyes. I know this sounds like damning with faint praise, but I honestly loved the almost-but-not-quite yellow glow so much; it looked insanely badass while also subtly gesturing toward the luminescent green blood. Seriously, the scene where he's looking down at Olivia Munn and staring a hole in the camera? Holy shit. Chills.

That whole sequence had a ton of issues, but in that one moment, it really worked.

One of my favorite bits, I also loved that "oh shit!" look he had when he realized his gear was sitting in a tiny ooman's bedroom.   ;D

Kradan

I'm begining to think that i like The Predator especially for things that by majority considered as movie flaws. I mean all that crazy and unlogical stuff with DNA, authism, Earth invading, PredDogs, terrible editing, awful ending etc. I think that for me it's now as trashy fun ride as AVPR and i like it for that. This movie really shouldn't be taken serious to any degree.

P.S. I'm not agitating anyone to like The Predator. No, not anymore.

PredBabe

There's no way The Predator is on the same level of bad as AVPR. The Predator at least has a strong start with likeable characters and actors.

AVPR's only strength was the aesthetics of Wolf  (as well as an interesting glimpse of a Predator planet).

Samhain13

Disregard characters, admire aesthetics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed