What makes alien film and predator film good ?

Started by Mernlicious, Dec 12, 2018, 06:20:33 AM

Author
What makes alien film and predator film good ? (Read 404 times)

Mernlicious

Hello I been hearing recently alien covenant and the predator doing not too good so i need some advice, about what makes those film good in
the first place in your own opinion i open up to it!!!, i making film of those so i need some advice about how to make those good !! really appreciate
if you could tell me !!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SM

People behaving realistically in believable situations.

DerelictShip

Respecting the creatures with their appropriate theme.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2018, 11:16:30 AM
People behaving realistically in believable situations.

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 12, 2018, 07:04:50 PM
Respecting the creatures with their appropriate theme.

If you follow these two rules, you can't be that far off from a good movie with the final product.

Budget is also important. While you don't need one as big as those from Avengers or Star Wars movies, at least your creature effects should be state of the art.

The Cruentus

Not relying on cliches either and don't shoehorn in stuff.

Huggs

For Alien, it's all about the horror and style. The sexual horror, specifically. And not showing the monster all the time. That and the world building. There was such wild intricacy in the first film. It was so crazy, yet still felt so plausible. The sets are also a big part of it. The Medbay on the Nostromo, the Derelict, the colony of Hadley's Hope, Fury 161, even the company. It's as if the sets are a character in their own right. The environments for these movies have been spectacular. I can't lie, it's all of it really.

For Predator, it's the one-sidedness of the fight. The idea that even experienced soldiers can be outfoxed and out-maneuvered by this creature. But mostly, for me, it's the idea that there is something out there in the dark that's actively hunting you and enjoys what it's doing. You have a hard time seeing it when it's right in front of you. It could be above you, behind you, and you'd never know it. As humans, we're used to doing the hunting, the consuming, ect. The mere idea of being hunted or eaten by anything is horrifying to us. Predator turns us into game, the object of sport, putting us constantly on the defensive, and that's scary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed