J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 48,114 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RobThom on Aug 13, 2019, 11:08:42 PM
Thats true.
Okay, the same peopel who made that awful prometheus movie.
And the next one.
The merchandise and licensing folks don't make the movies.

QuoteIs that your opinion?
I beg to differ.
Considering they had absolutely nothing to do with the book, yes, it's misplaced. You might as well whine about Sony for all it has to do with this book.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 13, 2019, 11:05:20 PM
And we'll need you to cite your sources regarding Kasdan's 'non-involvement' in TFA, as well.

I never said that.
Quotethe same way they just stuck Kasdan's name on the script for a jj abrams star wars ripoff.
Did they "just stick his name on it" or did he work on it?

SM

SM

Rinzler doing the
book was first being tossed 'round
Jan twenty eighteen.

SiL

SiL

I feel like "round" is cheating but I'll grant it.

SM

SM

Edited to include contraction apostrophe.

SiL

SiL

Much appreciated.

Corporal Hicks

And done! So yeah, until Val comes out with his book, this is easily the best put together all around behind-the-scenes look at Alien. Put a lot of things into context I hadn't been sure on and there were plenty of specific details that I didn't know/hadn't stuck in my memory.

Recommended! Will get an actual written review up in the next week or so.

The Old One

The Old One

Fantastic to hear, I'll pick it up ASAP.

Corporal Hicks

Not seeing much discussion going on for this one. Anyone else been reading through? Any specific revelations?

Voodoo Magic

I'm giving it a bit of time myself.. hoping to pick it up at a reduced price.

TheBATMAN

The shot of the Neomorph eating with its back to camera then turning to face David in Covenant seems to be directly lifted from sketches Scott did of the original xeno on Page 171.

Prez

Prez

I've had this book for a few weeks now. It's still unopened and in it's shrink wrap!

Part of me desperately wants to read it ... another part of me is thinking keep this in mint condition!!

Ah the collector's mindset. I should just read the damn thing ...  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Elmazalman will tell you to just buy several copies!

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2019, 03:21:31 PM
Not seeing much discussion going on for this one. Anyone else been reading through? Any specific revelations?

Frankly can't afford it at the moment! And haven't once seen it in my local bookshops.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

Just got it but haven't found the time to read it over.
It's definitely gorgeous and there are some fantastic large size reprints of concept art. Not much new photographic material. I hadn't seen the Elliot Scott concepts from '76, although I see now that they have been online.
As far as the actual alien is concerned, I don't think there is anything new. Giger's alien is still the definitive text on the making of the monster.

The Old One

The Old One

I just can't afford it myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed