Are they going to make a sequel?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Dec 11, 2018, 07:56:53 AM

Author
Are they going to make a sequel? (Read 9,399 times)

Aliens1986fanboy

If they do I hope it will be an improvement over this one...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Based on the critical and commercial reception, a direct sequel seems unlikely.

Get ready for another 8-year wait for another Predator movie...

El Pistolero

I think we will never see a predator movie with a budget like that again. That is something I feel very sad about, because a historical predator movie or a movie in space would cost a lot of money. But I'm also okay with a predator movie back to basics. But it has to be something new and fresh. I dont want to see a Squad that gets hunt down by a predator. It would be cool to see humans trying hunt down a predator for their techs. And it could be a predator that is not here for a hunt. Maybe a scientist or predator archeologist and he has to turn into a survivor or something. I want something fresh that expands the predator culture. But that sounds also risky. It is hard to make a movie that is good and that is also excepted by the fan base.

The Kurgan

I like the take of humans turning the tables on predators and hunting them, at least trying to.
Thought it way nicely done in
Predator: Hunters. With the survivors of previous comics teaming up to built a special anti predator unit.
Cheesy sure, but Predator always was :p

Rudiger

Rudiger

God I hope not.

Never say no to Panda!

No direct sequel for sure (at least i hope so) - but ofc there will be another one, will take a few years though

El Pistolero

I think either the way Shane Black went, is over with his movie. But the way Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal went is still open. I could imagine, that Troublemaker Studios could make the next one again. But I'm sure at one day, we will get another Predator movie.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Check back in the year 2024.......

Nope Shane Black's career is over after this.

$88 Million budget, $100 million pumped into aggressive marketing and advertising, poor reviews and so-so fan feedback.

That is why it is available to stream so soon.

Quote from: El Pistolero on Dec 11, 2018, 11:53:00 AM
I think either the way Shane Black went, is over with his movie. But the way Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal went is still open. I could imagine, that Troublemaker Studios could make the next one again. But I'm sure at one day, we will get another Predator movie.

Troublemaker studios will go bankrupt after their $150 million flop in waiting Alita Battle Angel gets released February 2019-  (2 years after it was completed).

DerelictShip

I hope not.

PREDATOR, PREDATOR 2, and PREDATORS connect much better.

The PREDATOR is like the step child.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Dec 11, 2018, 02:04:21 PM

"Over"? I doubt it. Shane Black has had a lot more hits than misses.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 12, 2018, 07:39:44 AM

Don't pay attention to him, it's the usual fanboy overreaction/broken record every time a new movie comes out.

This is neither going to end Black's career or the Predator franchise, so yes, there will be another sequel, but not to this movie.

It's box-office was a disappointment if you factor in the budget, but if you just consider the financial history of the franchise as a whole, it did good money.

It's no marvel and anyone expecting it to be is a fool, it's still a r-rated franchise that features an Alien coming to earth to kill humans for fun... not that mass appealing.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Other than Iron Man 3 (crickets).

Remember those films are gaurenteed cash cows with MARVEL producing.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 12, 2018, 08:39:23 AMIt's no marvel and anyone expecting it to be is a fool, it's still a r-rated franchise that features an Alien coming to earth to kill humans for fun... not that mass appealing.

Not anymore its not.

El Pistolero

Shane Black is still a very good director. But it is like Ridley Scott. He is no writer, but he is good in character development. Each character in his films is very individual. And that is very refreshing in a movie world full of stereotypes. I think he should continue on movies like The Nice Guys. I really enjoyed that movie. But he should stay away from franchise productions.

The Kurgan

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Dec 12, 2018, 08:58:59 AM

Other than Iron Man 3 (crickets).

Remember those films are gaurenteed cash cows with MARVEL producing.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 12, 2018, 08:39:23 AMIt's no marvel and anyone expecting it to be is a fool, it's still a r-rated franchise that features an Alien coming to earth to kill humans for fun... not that mass appealing.

Not anymore its not.

He did The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, also didn't he write Lethal Weapon  and Last Boyscout ? 
Will he get his hands on another Predator movie ? Nope.
Will he get to do the kind of movie he did great since decades ? For sure.

Wysps

Wysps

Agreed. Though judging by some of his interviews (when the movie initially came out), it sounded as if he wasn't interested in doing any movies for a while. He just sounded tired and burnt out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed