Am I the only one who likes this movie?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Dec 11, 2018, 06:52:19 AM

Author
Am I the only one who likes this movie? (Read 10,996 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 19, 2018, 06:18:18 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2018, 05:52:09 PM
Considering it's age, I would think you could buy it super cheap already. Unless you're looking to strictly purchase it digitally...

Age of a film does not necessarily dictate cost at VUDU. I've seen digital copies of much older films sell higher than recent releases. I speculate they gauge price by demand.

But I'm glad you questioned it! Last time I looked, I think it was around $15, but I wasn't sure, so I just now looked and surprised to see it's on sale right now for $8 for their HDX copy (their equivalent of blu ray). I now own a copy of P2. Thanks for inciting that search.

Now mind you, even $15 is a good price, but too many times I've purchased a digital copy for $15 and a week or so later, it's half that cost. So I'm forcing myself to maintain patience.

You are so, so right.  Digital has its own set of rules versus tangible media in regards to pricing. That's why I made sure I threw that digital caveat in there.

What's really absurd is I just saw the Predator 3-Disc Blu-Ray set (Predator, P2, Predators) that includes digital codes for all three on sale for $15... but I could only buy one of those movies online digitally for that price at the time. It's cheaper just to buy the blu-ray set for the digital codes and toss out the discs, than to just buy it digitally!  It's madness!  :P

I bet the "Predator 2" sale is tied to release of "The Predator". Happy to hear our conversation inspired you to look!  Today, I am a Hero!  ;D

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2018, 07:03:26 PM
You are so, so right.  Digital has its own set of rules versus tangible media in regards to pricing. That's why I made sure I threw that digital caveat in there.

Yea, the last few years I've had to make adjustments how I add to my digital library. I have very few discs and haven't bought one for years now. Everyone has their argument for online library or disc library. Mine is, my online library can't be destroyed by fire....which my entire disc collection was destroyed in a house fire. The problem is maintaining patience. Their bundle packages are much cheaper....i.e. the Predator or the Alien bundle, than buying them separately. But with sequel mania not dying off anytime soon, you never truly have the complete bundle.

I bet the "Predator 2" sale is tied to release of "The Predator". Happy to hear our conversation inspired you to look!  Today, I am a Hero!  ;D

Actually, they already had the 4-movie tied release sale bundle when VUDU made The Predator available. But the problem was I already owned Predator 87 and Predators, so it's hard to capitalize on their bundles when you already own parts of the bundle. Predator 2 was actually on sale in their year end sale which contains a wide range of movies. Either way, you're still a hero!

Voodoo Magic

D88M

No, some other people liked it too. Still a terrible movie thought, it does not work even as a mindless b-movie style entertainment with no expectations wahtsoever. At best is a mediocre spectacle.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: D88M on Dec 20, 2018, 01:03:54 AM
Mediocre spectacle.

Huggs told me that's his nickname in the bedroom

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 20, 2018, 01:30:18 AM
Mediocre spectacle.

The only spectacle I remember was the one you made of yourself when your mother walked in on us.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 20, 2018, 02:09:03 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 20, 2018, 01:30:18 AM
Mediocre spectacle.

The only spectacle I remember was the one you made of yourself when your mother walked in on us.

Oh what a night that was!

Corporal Hicks

Children...behave.

I haven't seen it since the cinema but I enjoyed some aspects of the film. I did think it was genuinely funny and I loved the characters. It just fails as a Predator movie for me because the lore side of the story is just all over the place.

PsyKore

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2018, 08:37:31 AM
I certainly found it fun thanks to the characters. But in terms of lore and being a Predator film, it was hugely disappointing.

Yeah, I second this. It's undoubtedly entertaining, but as a Predator film it's just lost its marbles.

Billiken

I saw this film before a major operation in September and then re watched it on Blu Ray a couple of days after my dad passed away just the other day. Both times it was able to bring some enjoyment and comfort in my life. I loved it. Yeah sure I would have done some things differently but I enjoyed seeing a different film

The Cruentus

It's madness!  :P

This. Is. Sparta!  :laugh:

There is some nice bits in the movie, such as Fugitive' escape but it is mostly a mess and insane.. The kid kills someone albiet accidentally and doesn't care. Predator dogs become friendly when shot in the head, dna mixing.. ::)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2018, 08:52:43 AM
Children...behave.

Hmm. Do you mean Huggs and I should behave in the standard way?

Or the Austin Powers way?  ;D

Quote from: Billiken on Dec 20, 2018, 11:17:36 AM
I saw this film before a major operation in September and then re watched it on Blu Ray a couple of days after my dad passed away just the other day. Both times it was able to bring some enjoyment and comfort in my life. I loved it. Yeah sure I would have done some things differently but I enjoyed seeing a different film

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Billiken.  My condolences to you.  My Father passed away too a couple of years ago, and it was a long process, so these fictional universes that we love definitely helped me when my mind needed a distraction.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 20, 2018, 01:35:00 PM
Children...behave.

I think he means "get frosty, or I'll have the two of you walking perimeter."

I saw this film before a major operation in September and then re watched it on Blu Ray a couple of days after my dad passed away just the other day.

My sincerest condolences. I cannot imagine how difficult that must have been. May the Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of loss.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 20, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 20, 2018, 01:35:00 PM
Children...behave.

I think he means "get frosty, or I'll have the two of you walking perimeter."

Ah-ffirmative

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2018, 01:00:52 PM
It's madness!  :P

This. Is. Sparta!  :laugh:

Biomechanoid

I saw this film before a major operation in September and then re watched it on Blu Ray a couple of days after my dad passed away just the other day.

My deepest condolences.

It just fails as a Predator movie for me because the lore side of the story is just all over the place.

My first viewing, that is the same thing I said to myself, "this story is all over the map."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed