Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,157 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Just go back 1 page. The negative responses after my comment saying I liked the ridges and the hospital hive felt unnecessary. That's what I meant on that post.

SM

Sorry I don't know what you're talking about.  My post about ridges was general and not in response to anyone in particular.

Samhain13

Like I said:

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 09, 2019, 01:34:03 AM
Not specifically you in this case.

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 03:50:07 AM
My post about ridges was general and not in response to anyone in particular.

I see, I thought all the replies were in reference to my post.

[cancerblack]

As i said, like the ridges, don't like the rest of the head though. And the pic i commented on the paintjob genuinely does look pisspoor but that has nothing to do with the design itself.

Voodoo Magic

Come on guys and gals. This is a thread dedicated to what we like about AvPR. There's multiple threads dedicated to the bad things of AvPR, like the recently created thread "Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh".
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=62004.0.
So go there and have at it!   ;D

And let's knock off the name calling. Calling people names like "dickhead" do not further good discussion. Cheers!

SM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 04:01:10 AM
As i said, like the ridges, don't like the rest of the head though. And the pic i commented on the paintjob genuinely does look pisspoor but that has nothing to do with the design itself.

Paintjobs in a fully lit photo are forgivable if they look alright on film.  I didn't see any issues with the paintjob in the film (when they're visible).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 04:09:41 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 04:01:10 AM

Paintjobs in a fully lit photo are forgivable if they look alright on film.  I didn't see any issues with the paintjob in the film (when they're visible).

Fair point, but it looks fantastically bad there regardless. Even within the same picture the arm/shoulder-rim looks much better than the head, especially the neck area. Of course it's AvP:R and darkness hides most sins on-screen.

SM

Indeed it looks terrible in that photo.  It also looks as if the paint has rubbed off on the side of the neck, possibly through use while filming?

[cancerblack]

To my eye it looks like grey paint applied too thickly rather than paint rubbed off, but yes that spot bugs me the most.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain
Those ridge gains are popping out.

Nice that they added that skin on some games.

You don't see how the heads, aside from maintaining the ridges
(which even then omitt the first one and the ridiculous last one)
are completely different?
That's why they look way better than the actual Requiem design. The proportions.

Voodoo Magic

Thanks all for complying!  :P

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 08, 2019, 09:32:21 PM
I liked the aliens heads more than the others post-Aliens. Probably the least fleshy alien body part ADI ever did. It looked less slimy.

Cool that you liked it! That's what this very thread is designed for! Thanks for sharing!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 09, 2019, 09:31:10 AM

There is a difference, that skin is made to fit with the basic alien model on that game so its not going to be an exactly copy of the AVPR alien, they just took the main ridges design. So what? I just said I like the ridges. What's the point of this? You already said you hate the AVPR head, I don't, so whatever.

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 09, 2019, 09:31:10 AM
That's why they look way better than the actual Requiem design. The proportions.

To me its more the different body that makes it better.

The Old One

The Old One

I know, you misread my reply.

The ridges' similar yes, but altered and everything else is completely different.

Samhain13

So what? I like both takes on the alien heads, be it on AVPR or the games that ridge style was used on.

The Old One

The Old One

Alright.

I'm saying the AVP (2010) version's good, the AVPR version's bad. Basically.
Although I enjoy the "carved" visual itself, the Requiem application's awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed