Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,262 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 10, 2019, 12:30:24 PM
I am not too fussed on the predator planet, too over the top really. Having lava that close to the buildings would seriously cause issues, to elaborate what I mean, lava is just so hot that you would be dead just by being meters near it.

You clearly didn't play enough with this little gem.  ;)

All seriously though, since their planet has such intense volcanic activity, I can see Yautja dig canals to control it, maybe even harness it in ways for a power source. Therefore I see those buildings more as controlling structures.

Plus apparently humans can stand 2 meters away from lava. So I can visualize Yautja standing 1.7 meters away and say "Ahhh, this is nice!"  ;D

426Buddy

Ohhh boy! Thats the second predator toy I ever owned. I had a couple kenner aliens first though. That snow balled into a nice collection of kenner AvP toys. It was a great childhood I can tell you that much.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 10, 2019, 09:00:53 PM
Ohhh boy! Thats the second predator toy I ever owned. I had a couple kenner aliens first though. That snow balled into a nice collection of kenner AvP toys. It was a great childhood I can tell you that much.

What was your first?

426Buddy

Voodoo Magic

Yes!! Scavage With Bola Blasting Action! Got to love all the accessories. Good memories!  :laugh:

426Buddy

Heck yeah i had a whole desk full of kenners going to war on eachother :D

Jarac

I liked when the credits started rolling.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM
And I don't mean something snarky like "I liked when it was over".

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 13, 2019, 06:30:55 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM
And I don't mean something snarky like "I liked when it was over".

Ha, yeah. Some like to gloss right over that.

Xiggz456

I get a kick out of the fact that it takes place in Gunnison as I've had many of camping and backpacking adventures there. And as Old One pointed out that short shot of the Predator world is pretty cool.

SM

I like how you can match the aerial shots of 'Gunnison' up with Port Moody on Google Maps. ;D

Local Trouble

Huggs

BishopShouldGo

Sam Trammell was terrific in Requiem. Wish there was more of him.

SiL

Legit the only person I gave half a shit about in the movie.

Although I do remember my initial review saying I actually liked Ricky the Pizza Boy, despite expectations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed