New Coolprops Collectibles Shown at Tokyo Comic Con

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 02, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

Author
New Coolprops Collectibles Shown at Tokyo Comic Con (Read 4,167 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Tokyo Comic Con happened this weekend, and high-end collectible company CoolProps had some upcoming Alien and Predator products prominently on display.

Unveiled was a new life-size bust of a female Predator “Shiranui,” which seems to be a companion piece to the “Kagero” Predator which was shown last year.

These two pieces are by renowned Japanese sculptor and make-up artist Akihito Ikeda. Check out some pictures of these incredible sculpts below.

The Kagero Predator is now available for pre-order for the Japanese market, with international pre-orders opening soon and available through Sideshow Collectibles. Both Predators are striking, featuring numerous decorative adornments, as well as face-masks which cover their mouths, rather than the full bio-helmets we’re used to seeing on Predators. A very Samurai look if you ask me.

Akihito has done a number of live-sculpting sessions at conventions, and at last year’s Tokyo Comic Con, he sculpted a female Predator as well as a Predalien Queen. I thought these sculpts looked great when I first saw them, especially for quickly-done live presentations, and I’m happy to see his female Predator evolve into this finished product.

CoolProps and other producers such as Prime-1 work with a number of different artist to create their collectibles. Artist Stéphane Faure, (AKA Beesub) also had a prototype on display at the booth for a new 1:3 scale Alien Warrior Maquette, as depicted in the film Aliens.

Beesub previously sculpted the AVP Alien Queen for CoolProps, which can now be pre-ordered from Sideshow.

Here’s a video giving a tour of the CoolProps booth at Tokyo Comic Con, which shows of these as well as a number of other CoolProps collectibles:

Posted by Beesub on Saturday, December 1, 2018

Are you planning to pick up any of these premium beauties? Let us know in the forum!

Thanks to Reyals for the news. Photo Credits: @studio_aki, @_yoe, @beesub, and CoolProps.

Follow Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator collectible news! You can also find us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls.

UPDATE: The Kagero Predator is now available to pre-order through Sideshow Collectibles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

God damn, Coolprops stuff is amazing! Still not keen on breasts but I do like the colouring on both of those busts.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Female PREDATORs?

Not sure if AVP-GALAXY users want to reopen that can of worms from last week, when Alec Gillis said he proposed designing a female PRED in podcast 70  26/11/2018.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61047.0

Whether you like the concept or not- these designs look cool. If I were to authorise them for a movie- based on design alone- I'd greenlight them.
Moot points is they have a SIL Species (1995) biomechnical, rather than tribalistic design. Not a bad aesthetic for an AVP3 movie though.

But the main issue is we're getting too close to "humanising" the PREDATOR where they go from mysterious cold blooded killers, to misunderstood STAR TREK extras with a human style civilisation.
Whatever next? A female predator stood over a medieval style predator stove, in a predator home, holding an infant PREDATOR baby while preparing an off-world three headed hog roast, while her husband flies off in a Spaceship to hunt ALIENS or humans?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:51:46 AM
God damn, Coolprops stuff is amazing! Still not keen on breasts but I do like the colouring on both of those busts.

Giving it consideration, breasts on a female Predator are logical to me, considering the body of a male Predator and his musculature is anatomically very close to a human male.

But putting that aside, it's wonderful work!

* Added a Picture

The Old One

The Old One

Please stop giving the PredAlien dreds...

(Disclaimer: CoolProps is always excellent regardless.)

Wysps

Wysps

Breasts aside, I'm actually really digging the head shape that the female has. The crown is wider, reminding me almost of a hammer head. A very unique direction, imo. Refreshing to see something other than a focus on dimorphic genitalia. Awesome work  :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Agreed. The head shape is wonderful. I would love to see a concept like this realized on screen one day!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2018, 02:52:00 AM
Agreed. The head shape is wonderful. I would love to see a concept like this realized on screen one day!

Yeah, I think that's a nice way to go about differentiating the sexes. I hadn't really considered going for a different head-shape and I think it really works.

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 05:44:34 PM
Please stop giving the PredAlien dreds...

Agreed. Just mandibles are enough for me.

Xenomrph

#PredalienDreds4Lyfe

Also, I just stumbled across this bust on BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84594

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2018, 02:51:31 PM

Giving it consideration, breasts on a female Predator are logical to me, considering the body of a male Predator and his musculature is anatomically very close to a human male.
This presupposes that the ones we've seen in the movies are male. ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2018, 12:42:55 PM
#PredalienDreds4Lyfe

Also, I just stumbled across this bust on BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84594

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2018, 02:51:31 PM

This presupposes that the ones we've seen in the movies are male. ;)

Ah, tou·ché! 

Philip

Hi.  Love the 2 new predator bust. Except for the color of the female. Everything is almost the same color.  Skin Rastas  teeth   And why hairs ?  But I'm ok with boobs ..... Miss some contrast    Darker Rastas      Less jewels 
But what a great sculpt.   Kagero is great. Look so cruel and savage.  So bad Shane Black didn't ask you , mr Akihito   The predator movie would have been so much better.   Great ideas. Great talent. And the smile of passion on your face
( sorry for the mistakes ... I'm Italian french American  , English is not my first language )
Love predators and aliens , all the fans of this planet and the others    My best to Akihito
Philip

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed