Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,576 times)

MrPeterKeyes666

LOL can't help but laugh that I predicted this back in July-
The Predator (2018) / Re: The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels
« on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
Would not be surprised if the sequels are AVP movies. With the comments from Comic Con and the added references added back in previous reshoots, plus a new 2 day reshoot next week(post credit scene?)- it's leading me to believe that's what is next."
My guess is Fox knew the film was not going to perform well but Disney would still want to do something with Alien and Predator(original IP, still generate merchandise)- so a return to Alien Vs. Predator would have made sense. My guess is they were not able to secure either Arnold or Sigourney in time to film a cameo(or reach a deal) and we got the suit ending instead. Were any of these alternate endings screened?

Never say no to Panda!

They just cloned and milked her. In AvP Aliens killed Predators and Ripley killed Aliens so... Ripley > Alien > Predator...sooo when you put some stuff from her spine into your body you'll become a Predator Killer! Would be dumb enough to fit this movie :D

shakermakerman

irn

This is like the studio went "We want the Marvel audience! For the Predator franchise. For some reason..."

BigDaddyJohn

This is getting weirder by the minute.

Vermillion

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 06:27:23 AM
I thought the rumors were that Disney was going to shelve the fox moniker in the next 18-24 months... then again it is just a rumor.

Bob Iger originally only mentioned that the Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 divisions would be kept after the merger. People assumed from that, that 20th Century Fox would therefore be shelved. However, the latest news suggests that 20th Century Fox would be kept as a separate brand under Disney much like Marvel and Lucasfilm. Emma Watts (who worked with Ridley Scott to help realize the prequels) would effectively become Fox's version of Kathleen Kennedy.

QuoteWhile it doesn't look like 20th Century Fox's chairman/CEO Stacey Snider will be sticking around (as Alan Horn would likely take her role) post-merger there is now word from THR that Vice Chair Emma Watts will have a new role at Disney.

Watts, a seasoned production executive with strong talent relationships, is in a different position. Her exact role at Disney is still being hammered out, although her duties are almost certain to involve guiding films now in the 20th Century Fox pipeline, including the marquee Avatar and Kingsman franchises (in recent days, Kingsman 3 was dated for release on Nov. 8, 2019).

Watts has strong ties to such filmmakers and talent as James Cameron, Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Vaughn, Ridley Scott and Matt Reeves.

There are also signs that 20th Century Fox (with Watts overseeing), Fox 2000, and Fox Searchlight (Bob Iger has suggested they won't be touching it) could stay as in and just report directly to Alan Horn. Not unlike other studios like Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm under the Disney umbrella

https://thegww.com/20th-century-foxs-vice-chair-emma-watts-takes-new-role-at-disney-overseeing-future-fox-releases/

Evanus

Holy shit.

Anyway,
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 30, 2018, 04:38:38 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 06:27:23 AM
I thought the rumors were that Disney was going to shelve the fox moniker in the next 18-24 months... then again it is just a rumor.

Bob Iger originally only mentioned that the Fox Searchlight and Fox 2000 divisions would be kept after the merger. People assumed from that, that 20th Century Fox would therefore be shelved. However, the latest news suggests that 20th Century Fox would be kept as a separate brand under Disney much like Marvel and Lucasfilm. Emma Watts (who worked with Ridley Scott to help realize the prequels) would effectively become Fox's version of Kathleen Kennedy.

QuoteWhile it doesn't look like 20th Century Fox's chairman/CEO Stacey Snider will be sticking around (as Alan Horn would likely take her role) post-merger there is now word from THR that Vice Chair Emma Watts will have a new role at Disney.

Watts, a seasoned production executive with strong talent relationships, is in a different position. Her exact role at Disney is still being hammered out, although her duties are almost certain to involve guiding films now in the 20th Century Fox pipeline, including the marquee Avatar and Kingsman franchises (in recent days, Kingsman 3 was dated for release on Nov. 8, 2019).

Watts has strong ties to such filmmakers and talent as James Cameron, Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Vaughn, Ridley Scott and Matt Reeves.

There are also signs that 20th Century Fox (with Watts overseeing), Fox 2000, and Fox Searchlight (Bob Iger has suggested they won't be touching it) could stay as in and just report directly to Alan Horn. Not unlike other studios like Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm under the Disney umbrella

https://thegww.com/20th-century-foxs-vice-chair-emma-watts-takes-new-role-at-disney-overseeing-future-fox-releases/
Hopefully that means a third prequel is still possible.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 30, 2018, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Geez. You're all acting like a time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley is a bad idea!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wrBURfbZmqqXu/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2797ec2f426c6b49badb6b

It's kinda the karma a lot of this fan base deserves from where Im sitting. All the people who say they want a new direction with new characters and adult themes, were delivered exactly those things and hated it for not being more like what already was.

Now, Im not saying there arent some of the fan base out there who see the prequels for what they are, on their own terms, with their own flaws, but ... HOW SOON WE FORGET!

For Predator fans, no karma deserved this. At the time we had three films to speak of, and while some fans may not be fond of "Predator 2" and/or "Predators", there has never been a mass fan outrage over them that was going around, to deserve what came around:  An 11 foot Predator, an iron man suit with dreads, tons of comedy, a friendly Pred-Dog, and a child suffering from autism equating to a true warrior.

I guess you could solely be looking at the time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley scene and suggesting that is karma for Alien fans frustrated with the prequels, but it didn't even make it in the movie.  So I don't see any karma in play at all, if you buy into that sort of thing.

The Shuriken

We got off easy with the Predator Killer suit compared to the rest of this shit they were thinking.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 03:45:49 AM
I think the Star Wars movies are only alive and kicking because they say Star Wars in the title. As for the money, if I sell 5 billion worth of crap then hooray for me. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still crap.

I agree. But if you're a big corporation like Disney, the money is all that matters. I think the Solo movie proved there are limits to what you can do, even when the label says Star Wars.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2018, 06:23:53 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 30, 2018, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Geez. You're all acting like a time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley is a bad idea!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wrBURfbZmqqXu/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2797ec2f426c6b49badb6b

It's kinda the karma a lot of this fan base deserves from where Im sitting. All the people who say they want a new direction with new characters and adult themes, were delivered exactly those things and hated it for not being more like what already was.

Now, Im not saying there arent some of the fan base out there who see the prequels for what they are, on their own terms, with their own flaws, but ... HOW SOON WE FORGET!

For Predator fans, no karma deserved this. At the time we had three films to speak of, and while some fans may not be fond of "Predator 2" and/or "Predators", there has never been a mass fan outrage over them that was going around, to deserve what came around:  An 11 foot Predator, an iron man suit with dreads, tons of comedy, a friendly Pred-Dog, and a child suffering from autism equating to a true warrior.

I guess you could solely be looking at the time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley scene and suggesting that is karma for Alien fans frustrated with the prequels, but it didn't even make it in the movie.  So I don't see any karma in play at all, if you buy into that sort of thing.

Not having seen yet The Predator on account of a BR disc failure, I will venture to say that the Predator helmet has always been moderately reminiscent of the Iron Man face-features, so it's not much of a stretch.  But armored dreads?  Lol.  I really shouldn't be here, reading all these spoilers.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 30, 2018, 06:32:40 PM
We got off easy with the Predator Killer suit compared to the rest of this shit they were thinking.

Indeed.

whiterabbit

@Perfect-Organism: if you've been able to avoid the movie up until now... maybe you should take that as a hint and just avoid it.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 09:36:08 PM
@Perfect-Organism: if you've been able to avoid the movie up until now... maybe you should take that as a hint and just avoid it.

Ha ha!  I am sorely tempted, if not for the FOMO which is welling up in my chest.  Partly, I want to join in in the discourse on this subject, but partly I am interested to see what will happen if I go in with literally the lowest expectations ever...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed