Alien: Bring it to Earth?

Started by CookieG, Nov 27, 2018, 12:46:19 PM

Author
Alien: Bring it to Earth? (Read 2,127 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'd like a 3 part movie that starts with the Covenant returning to Earth, no not like Event Horizon... well yea I guess it would be like Event Horizon except the demons are aliens and they hide themselves real good in the Shadows. This movie would be the one where the beast is always there but not seen. The ship would be repaired and every one would be in perfect hyper sleep, including all the people who ended up corpses on Planet 4. Shit stays on the ship for most of the movie but eventually it gets onto the Earth near the end and the Covenant remains in Earth orbit.

The next movie starts on Earth with the Covenant being a near Earth satellite. The shit has hit the fan, apocalyptic war, essentially like future war from The Terminator franchise. We get to see war like androids in this one. This will be the battle movie. Mecha and Aliens everywhere. Society is still in place but the infection is spreading on outward. This movie will be set at least 3 years out. It will be made clear that although Human think they are the ultimate badass nothing they do seems to work. This will be the Colonial Marine movie. The Blond Bombshell and Daniels mark their return and Daniels is unaltered and very much human.

For the third movie... ha there is no way the first two would ever get green light; so time to quit. However it would be the Horror movie of the bunch and all of this takes place after the events of A|R on a crystal neo-Earth. One that is clean and at peace until the monster returns.

The Old One

The Old One

Apocalypse.

Mecha.

Neo-Earth.

Alien is basically Cyberpunk, in that it tackles today's issues in a futuristic and retro tech fashion.
It doesn't tackle the issues of tomorrow, it's in a world as close to reality as speculative science fiction gets.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 01, 2018, 10:12:02 PM
Alien is basically Cyberpunk.

There are similarities I suppose, if you want to stretch that way, but not a shining example of cyberpunk.  You go that route and then eventually everything will become cyberpunk.

Blade Runner on the otherhand, is definitely cyberpunk.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually I was thinking crystal-city where the Earth is all shiny and clear... not cyber punk at all. First movie would be an Alien movie. Second would be an Aliens movie and the third would be Alien 3. I thought it was obvious but I didn't want to just come out and say this is a glorified trilogy reimagination. After the world breaks humans are just surviving among the androids and monsters in a T2/HP Lovecraftian world. Of course the biomech would be there.

The goal is to give the fans alien, aliens and a better version of alien 3.

The Old One

The Old One

That's my point, that's anti-Alien, anti- the world thesis Alien presents.
Cyberpunk isn't the cybernetic or genetic augmentations, it's the story of the subaltern.
& Alien's world thesis is one where everyone is expendable.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Impossible due to the size of the planet, solar system and location; but I like this nonsense: the Engineers homeworld (Planet 4) is actually Earth of the future.

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 02, 2018, 01:10:01 AM
That's my point, that's anti-Alien, anti- the world thesis Alien presents.
Cyberpunk isn't the cybernetic or genetic augmentations, it's the

most pretentious thing I've ever seen  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

It's the truth.
(& You're taking what I said out of context by not quoting the whole thing.)

Berend

Berend

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 28, 2018, 11:48:35 AM
No TY, it just isn't what I want from the Alien franchise.
For instance, I'm far more enthralled by Bryan Cranston's character in BrBa- personal stakes.
Than I am in 98% of films that feature large scale battle, or invasion- the exception being LOTR
& Not much else.

Spielberg's War of the Worlds did it quite well I think

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

One of Spielberg's best movies, and one of Cruise's best roles. Would be in my top 10 for both.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 07, 2018, 06:05:12 PM
One of Spielberg's best movies, and one of Cruise's best roles. Would be in my top 10 for both.

Tim Robbins was nuts in that movie.

SM

SM

WotW is a prime example of the need to ADAPT the source material to another medium.

CookieG

CookieG

WoW, thanks for the responses!

I like the idea of earth in the future and the idea of a smaller area being exposed, war of the worlds is also a good framework!

may have to re-visit some of the Dark Horse comics in the loft - and the book mentioned earlier in the thread.

Thanks guys!

Росси́я

Росси́я

Could start with the aliens being unleashed on a well developed Earth-like colony...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Росси́я on Mar 19, 2019, 07:49:07 PM
Could start with the aliens being unleashed on a well developed Earth-like colony...

Well developed... as in shape?

Kradan

Kradan

I love Earth Hive (novel) but always feel that it spends not much time showing Earth overpowered by Aliens even despite its title. So, i'd like this novel to be turn into movie but without all "Xeno Homeworld" stuff. Just Aliens destroying Earth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed