The Hunt: The Unmade AVP Movie

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 21, 2018, 07:52:35 PM

Author
The Hunt: The Unmade AVP Movie (Read 2,609 times)

Immortan Jonesy

D. Compton Ambrose

See, I like the novel/comics, but I feel they should stay novels/comics. They work as EU material, imo, but not film. For one, the main thing that ruined the story for me was the whole "Predators good, Aliens bad," trope. They're both bad. I never liked this trope.

Here, Bob describes it better than I ever could:

Voodoo Magic

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Maybe we get it in comic form when the one based on Gibson's Alien3 makes bank.

SiL

SiL

Why would they make a comic adaptation of an adaptation of a comic?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2018, 09:13:23 PM
Why would they make a comic adaptation of an adaptation of a comic?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 21, 2018, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 21, 2018, 07:52:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wT5O63db0

*Sigh*  Alas, what could have been.

I have an appetite for more Xenomorph breeds on the big screen, and I'm confident that such a task it can be done in the stunning way with the proper film crew.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 21, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/uPM4PqWpdyNl6/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bf5cfff4a7244464ddd609e

^ That's it! I want that movie! half serious half playful  8)   

Corporal Hicks

I've not had the chance to watch the video just yet so I'm not sure what exactly Mr_H covers in it, but I did an article about the development and story of this script a few years back.

The Hunt: Alien vs. Predator – Peter Briggs' Script

The Hunt Begins: The Early Days of Peter Briggs' Alien vs. Predator

The script is also available to read for yourselves if you fancy - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/avp-the-hunt-peter-briggs-1991-04-11.pdf

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 21, 2018, 10:12:48 PMI have an appetite for more Xenomorph breeds on the big screen, and I'm confident that such a task it can be done in the stunning way with the proper film crew.

Definitely agree!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2018, 08:42:49 AM
I've not had the chance to watch the video just yet so I'm not sure what exactly Mr_H covers in it, but I did an article about the development and story of this script a few years back.

Basically in this video MR H just details the entire plot, not the pre-production woes.

Thanks for posting those links!

D88M

D88M

I never liked much the original comic, and i dont get why they keep pushing that Pred/human team up thing, is awful and ruins the creature.

SM

SM

How does it ruin the creature?

D88M

D88M

Is a bad guy, a villain, it hunts us, at best he would stay neutral, but i think that unless proven otherwise, the Predators see humans like we see a monkey or a deer, like an inferior species or cattle, they dont care enough as to ally with us, or that is the feeling i get watching the first two movies.

SM

SM

The fact they are capable of allying when it suits their needs gives them another layer.

Assuming it's done right.

SiL

SiL

If a deer gored a hunter I don't see his buddies giving the thing a prize and walking away ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Nov 23, 2018, 03:19:48 AM
The fact they are capable of allying when it suits their needs gives them another layer.

Assuming it's done right.

Agreed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed