There is no Alien: Awakening script

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 15, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Author
There is no Alien: Awakening script (Read 20,194 times)

Jones The Cat

If they announce next year that the sequel is in the making, it would be a wonderful.

The studio has to let him finish his series. Its just one movie which will connect the prequels and the original one.  Despite this, they will probably regret things if they don't do it. Even if it isn't huge hit, the prequel series might become a classic in decades or so.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: SM on Nov 16, 2018, 10:28:19 AM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Nov 16, 2018, 09:25:00 AM
Things licensing would probably be working on:
Alien Game by Cold Iron Studios
Alien: Resistance Comic
Alien: Isolation Book
Alien: Echo YA Novel
Tongal Short Film Contest
Apparent Alien Streaming Series

Plus a few other things.

Yes, other things I will have to put money aside for.

Sad fan

Sad fan

Best thing would be Fox put an end on Ridley Scott's ew Aliens films for good. His "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant" must be ignored in the franchising, as Tim Burton's "Planet of Apes" was.

Whos_Nick

Can we get Alien/Predator attractions at Disney parks

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Nov 16, 2018, 01:03:01 PM
Can we get Alien/Predator attractions at Disney parks

We could only hope... Until then Fox World in Malaysia will be the closest thing to an Alien theme park.

XenoHunter99

Can't believe anything anyone says with regard to Alien sequels. Mostly a bunch of lies and misinformation.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Before the poor box office of Covenant, they sounded so ready to start rolling on the next movie a few months later.  I can't imagine a script wasn't already in the works if they planned to shoot the next one so soon.

Huggs

Huggs

The Alien franchise gets a crumb here, a crumb there, and each one tastes worse than the last. It just doesn't seem right. This isn't Jurassic World, this is platinum level science fiction. Where's the love?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Saggit on Nov 16, 2018, 09:05:32 AM
I've said it many times and will say it again: FOX! Take the franchise away from Scott! Let him create his AI stuff but as a separate thing from ALIEN.

He's already doing his "AI stuff" as "a separate thing" in the form of a new television series for TNT called Raised by Wolves. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of his ideas for Covenant II will find their way into his new show.

Quote from: necrotard on Nov 16, 2018, 04:04:00 PM
Before the poor box office of Covenant, they sounded so ready to start rolling on the next movie a few months later.  I can't imagine a script wasn't already in the works if they planned to shoot the next one so soon.

From what I've gleaned, certain Covenant props were put into storage in Sydney after they wrapped filming. However a report later (Hicks can you confirm?) surfaced saying those props were destroyed after Covenant's disappointing box office results. I also suspect Scott's agreement with the Aussie government was originally for a three film deal.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 16, 2018, 05:48:51 PM
From what I've gleaned, certain Covenant props were put into storage in Sydney after they wrapped filming. However a report later (Hicks can you confirm?) surfaced saying those props were destroyed after Covenant's disappointing box office results. I also suspect Scott's agreement with the Aussie government was originally for a three film deal.

That was one user on the Blu-ray.com forums.  From what I remember, they claimed that Covenant 2 was about to start shooting the following September after Covenant's release.  That's why they were saving the props before the box office results changed their plans.  This is why I'd be surprised if the script wasn't at least being worked on by May if they planned to shoot in September.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yep, that's the one. What were the credentials of that forum user, was he a reliable source? I think Hicks checked him out back then which is why I asked for him to confirm.

Movie props are usually destroyed right after filming since storage costs would be prohibitive. If the props were indeed put into storage then they must have already had a fixed date in mind with regards to filming the sequel.

D88M

D88M

Not even a draft? That is odd, there must be something lost in translation, surely there must be something of the movie. What i hope is that they end the trilogy before disney comes to destroy everything.

Nukiemorph

Here's that Blu-ray.com post.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14128165&postcount=1568
His profile claims he's Carl Braga, a guy with a handful of art department credits on IMDb, including Alien: Covenant.

I thought someone dug up a Fox production schedule that confirmed Covenant was slated to begin in that September as well... but that might have been proven fake.  I can't find it now.

Voodoo Magic

"I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over, but what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.'s."

I'm sort of happy that didnt materialize into a shooting script to be completely honest.

The Old One

The Old One

Not yet anyway, but a different conclusion may yet materialize.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed