The fate of Alan "Dutch" Schaefer

Started by Resident4ever, Nov 15, 2018, 07:48:40 PM

Author
The fate of Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Read 559 times)

Resident4ever

In this theory we have to check the Concrete Jungle, Cold War, Dark River comics/books and the Predator: South China Sea novel and the Predator 2 film.

So, let's start what we know!

After the incident in Val Verde the Other World Lifeform Taskforce capteures Alan "Dutch" Schaefer. However in the movie, Predator 2 (set in 1997) Peter Keyes mentions that Schaefer escaped and they don't know where is his current location. And this is what we are know, fortunately the comics/books help us solve the missing Schaefer problem.

The Concrete Jungle, Cold War and Dark River arc base around Schaefer's brother, Schaefer (yup, there are two Arnold Schwarzenegger like guy, BUT! the Concrete Jungle book mentions that Arnold is an in universe actor, so there are three - 3! - Schwarzenegger out there). Detective Schaefer's goal to find his missing bro, and he came really close to this in the end of Dark River. The comics takes place BEFORE Predator 2, so piece together this: we got Alan, who somehow escaped from OWLF captivity before/during 1997 and we got detective Schaefer who knows his brother's locations and wants to free him.

But what happened after the escape? Check out the Predator: South China Sea novel. In it, we see a misterius person, nicknamed Onyx. He is working under the radar, John Gustat (one of the main chatecters) hardly could find him and he never sees Onyx's face. However this so called Onyx knows a ton of information about the Predators, he even mentions that the mud saved his life against a Predator (aka Dutch from the film). Also, Onyx love smoking, just like Dutch.

So in conclusion: det. Schaefer freed Alan, who later becomes a shadowy figurine, who helps others to kill Predators (if they pay him few million $, but in exchange Dutch give out special equipments)

Corporal Hicks

Earlier this year I did a video everything we know about Dutch!

Resident4ever

Wow, I was completely unawere of your video, you even mentioned the cyborg Dutch (who is recently mentioned in the AvP Hunt Begins Second Edition). I made another theory post earlier: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60977.0 (this is a very "What if" theory that tries to connect a bunch of material (books, comics, films, games))

To intruduce myself: I am the creator and admin of the Hungarian AvP wiki (http://hu.alienspredatoraliens-versus-predator.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_magyar_wiki), here you can find even the smallest hints, this is prety much the Star Wars Holocron Database (althrough I only done 1/3 of the novels/books/films/games so there is plenty of work ahed of me). I am also co admin of the AvP Univerzum group. In the recent days I started posting here and on Xenopedia because I want to share the informations, help better understand the AvP franchise (because the hungarian is not a widely speaken language, and not an easy one to learn either).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed