CONFIRMED? 'Super Predators' and 'Upgrades" are one in the same.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 14, 2018, 02:11:46 PM

Author
CONFIRMED? 'Super Predators' and 'Upgrades" are one in the same. (Read 3,757 times)

yhe1

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2018, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: yhe1 on Nov 14, 2018, 08:33:49 PM
QuoteI'm certain is he came to warn humans / prepare humans from the Predators that want to take over Earth

No, this is something that the Black guy assumed, but never confirmed.

You mean actor Sterling K. Brown as Will Traeger. Yeah, those were just assumptions of his weren't they. Good catch.

Just like all the autism stuff is just assumptions made by Olivia Munn, the Predator never said they were actually hunting for that stuff.

SiL

Except the part where the Predator literally kidnaps the kid to go harvest his spinal fluid because of his autism. Y'know, the entire last act of the movie.

yhe1

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Except the part where the Predator literally kidnaps the kid to go harvest his spinal fluid because of his autism. Y'know, the entire last act of the movie.

The Predator tried to harvest his spinal fluid, but it was never said that it was because of Autism

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: yhe1 on Nov 14, 2018, 09:57:06 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2018, 09:55:22 PM

The Predator tried to harvest his spinal fluid, but it was never said that it was because of Autism

They wanted his ability to decipher languages which was a byproduct of his condition if i remember correctly.
What else was so special about him beside his condition? They wanted his spinal fluid specifically after all.

yhe1

QuoteThey wanted his ability to decipher language

Yeah, but that actually makes sense given that anytime Played "turn around", "over here" again and again.

Not the same thing as hunting for autism.

SiL

The Predator wanted the genetic information that gave Rory his abilities.

Which was his autism.

The Predator was literally trying to harvest autism from a child. That is the plot of the third act.

JokersWarPig

Looking at that written out that way its really a wonder how that got the green light.

Voodoo Magic

It does seem at least for a while, Shane Black had the complete trust of the studio, trust that he knew what he was doing.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2018, 06:00:07 AM
The Predator was literally trying to harvest autism from a child. That is the plot of the third act.

I'm still trying to handle that. I start laughing out of fanboy selfpity everytime I think about what I saw.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2018, 02:15:42 PM
It does seem at least for a while, Shane Black had the complete trust of the studio, trust that he knew what he was doing.

They really trusted the wrong guy. Regardless, both the predators wanting to invade Earth due to global warming and the autism thing were intended to be happening the way they were said. Even if its mostly the characters's lines, that's the way Shane used to explain this stuff.

Shane is an advocate for global warming and autism acceptance, and he purposely used this movie as a platform spread his views. But in a way so bad it didn't help either cause.

The Kurgan

Wasn't the part about global warming literally just one line ?

I don't get the problem people have with the global warming part. Sure hunting for autism is beyond stupid, but what's the issue with global warming ?

Samhain13

The "we are one generation from going extinct from global warming" line. Nah, felt like some 2012 doomsday crap.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 15, 2018, 03:15:33 PM

They really trusted the wrong guy. Regarless, both the predators wanting to invade Earth due to global warming and the autism thing were intended to be happening the way they were said. Even if its mostly the characters's lines, that's the way Shane used to explain this stuff.

Shane is an advocate for global warming and autism acceptance, and he purposely used this movie as a platform for that. But in a way so bad it didn't help either cause.

And in regards to the upgraded Predator, it's safe to assume Shane Black and Fred Dekker likely read the "Predators" script, took the singe bladed wrist weaponed Super and the indication of self modification, but then pushed him to a comical 11 feet tall.  A good writer should have recognized a foot taller could have achieved the same effect, without pushing a Predator's height into the absurd.  ::)

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 15, 2018, 03:28:30 PM
Wasn't the part about global warming literally just one line ?

I don't get the problem people have with the global warming part. Sure hunting for autism is beyond stupid, but what's the issue with global warming ?

The global warming is fine to me. It's continued world building from what was established in "Predator 2" and why the Predators like to hunt on Earth.  I just wish we saw the characters actually sweating up a storm, ala "Predator 2".

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 15, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
The "we are one generation from going extinct from global warming" line. Nah, felt like some 2012 doomsday crap.

Ah right. Did not remember the exact line. That sure sounds overly dramatic.

Edit: good point about Predator 2 Voodoo.

BigDaddyJohn

It does take this alarming tone about global warming, even if it's done quickly. We know we f**ked our planet and continue doing so. But regarding the plot about invading eath because of that, it's just one character's interpretation, so that's fine by me.

yhe1

Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2018, 06:00:07 AM
The Predator wanted the genetic information that gave Rory his abilities.

Which was his autism.

Just rewatched the movie

The giant Pred said he wanted Mckenna but he never said why. It was Olivia munn that said Autism is the next stage of Human evolution. Like I said, just her assumption

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed