Changes in the AVP movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 05:15:21 PM

Author
Changes in the AVP movies you would have made ? (Read 13,723 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Nov 27, 2018, 11:45:23 PM
If you're just going to have the Predators drop eggs and the Queen doesn't come back, your entire opening scene is a waste of time. That's bad storytelling.

You think my idea is bad storytelling. I think you lack vision, and a 15 minute atmospheric opening with striking visuals with no human dialog of the events I described, could be amazing in my book.

No one will budge here, so we just agree to disagree.  Cheers.

SiL

Didn't say it couldn't be an amazing scene.

It would just be completely irrelevant to the story you've described and a pointless waste of time and resources for something "cool". And you've pretty much agreed with me when your sole defense is "it would be amazing".

If it's not contributing to the plot, take it out and come up with a cool, atmospheric scene that does.

Voodoo Magic

I couldn't disagree more. Cheers!

SiL

So your idea to fix the stories is to write ... even worse stories?

This is why I'm glad fans don't actually get a say in how the films are made ...

Voodoo Magic

SiL

Shake away, but even the Strause Bros understood storytelling better than that ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2018, 12:10:57 AM
Shake away, but even the Strause Bros understood storytelling better than that ;D
Oh you should definitely be a fox executive!  ;D

SM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 27, 2018, 11:59:18 PM

How does the Queen hunting scene add to the story?

Voodoo Magic

Tag
Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2018, 12:15:49 AM

It shows.. how.. they got....the eggs...

SiL

Which adds what to the story? What does it add to show exactly where the eggs came from? How is it relevant later?

SM

SM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 28, 2018, 12:19:18 AM
Tag
Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2018, 12:15:49 AM

It shows.. how.. they got....the eggs...

The film shows us that though.  From a Queen.
How does showing how they got the Queen have relevance to the story being told about a right-of-passage hunt in a shape shifting pyramid?

It's odd that you'd prefer this but poo-poo the idea of what actually happens when Alien meets Predator - a PredAlien.

EDIT - ninjaed by SiL.

Voodoo Magic

You both related?

SM

Was it not a fair question?

SiL

QuoteHow does showing how they got the Queen have relevance to the story being told about a right-of-passage hunt in a shape shifting pyramid?
He's talking about his hypothetical future-set story set in a colony now. But since the Predators in that are just shuttling the eggs around, not the Queen, it becomes even less relevant.

This is kind of the point. Just because you can go spelunking into any given aspect doesn't mean you need to in order to fully realise it as part of the story. What Anderson did was perfectly adequate and anything more would be excessive for the story he wrote.

What he did with actually showing Aliens and Predators fighting, on the other hand, was inadequate and needed more. But while showing Predators collecting the Queen would add to that aspect -- it wouldn't add to the actual story.

Voodoo Magic

So, you both related at all?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed