Changes in the movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

Author
Changes in the movies you would have made ? (Read 2,393 times)

The Kurgan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 13, 2018, 12:34:49 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Nov 12, 2018, 11:42:36 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 12, 2018, 06:32:08 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 12, 2018, 05:36:27 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 12, 2018, 01:37:53 PM
But that wouldn't make much sense to send just one pred to kill the upgrade, it would be useless.

Not really. If it was a personal feud between the two I would buy it.

The personal feud thing can totally work, but just go alone against the upgrade is kind of a death wish for a regular pred.
Unless they wear that armor they just wanted to hand to a single human...

True, then we could get iron pred vs upgrade pred !

And isn't that what we want in our  Transfor... i mean Predator movies...   :P

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

In Predator when Hawkins kicks the bird at one point I would of deleted that scene/ never would of filmed it if I was the director. Im against that type of abuse/harrasment to animals in movies and in reality. I am a animal lover so much. Other then that Predator 1 is a amazing film and theres nothing else that I would of changed.

Also when Mac kills the pig

DerelictShip

Which scene is this in?

Billiken

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Nov 15, 2018, 02:52:24 AM
In Predator when Hawkins kicks the bird at one point I would of deleted that scene/ never would of filmed it if I was the director. Im against that type of abuse/harrasment to animals in movies and in reality. I am a animal lover so much. Other then that Predator 1 is a amazing film and theres nothing else that I would of changed.

Also when Mac kills the pig

If I was a director I would never include anything to do with animals either. Good on you mate.  Having said that I never actually  thought about it much with P1. I guess its what they show. I've seen some movies with terrible animal abuse and I switch them off. I don't like the cow scene in Twister. It's supposed to be funny I hate it.

SiL

Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 15, 2018, 02:55:03 AM
Which scene is this in?
The kick is when they find the dead bodies.

Gutting and skinning people and hanging them up by their feet is just fine, but stabbing a boar is crossing a line? Sheesh. The bird I get -- it was real -- but the boar was a dummy.

SM

And Black pulls the kick anyway, effectively shoving the bird away more than booting it.

SiL

That too. The thud of him hitting the bird is definitely a post-production flourish.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

Huntsman

Honestly, the only change I'd make for Predator would probably be the awkward pussy jokes. Could've done without 'em. But they're not a big deal or anything. The film is practically perfect as is.

Marc505

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 10, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
I wish PREDATOR (1987) included some shots of the creature's campsite, like the novelisation.

This would have been great, maybe not quite the same execution as in the book (wasn't some of the camp made out of dried out skins?!) but a nod towards what happened to his entry pod etc perhaps.

For me though really I'd just want P1 "tidying up" a bit, I know the filming difficulties can't have helped the edit but the attack on Blain with the speargun left over from JCVD's scenes on the film always seems to annoy me a bit - probably wouldn't matter so much to a casual viewer though. And I've often thought the scenes of the Predator cloaked, running like an Olympic athlete and swooping around trees like a monkey never really "fit" the size and bulk of him when he's uncloaked.

They're very minor gripes though, it's a goddamn classic.

Elmazalman

Recently rewatched the 1987 classic and just remembered something that has always bothered me about this near-perfect film.

I never liked the end credits. The actors smiling, one even winks to the camera, another, I think, offers a drink (to the viewer/s) - all this, after having been recently slaughtered, sort of ruins the illusion.

You could argue that any film's end credits pulls you out and reminds you that you have been watching make-believe and not a real documented event, but still, I think (in this case) it was a mistake. White text over a black background (with no video footage) would have been more appropriate, imo.

Huggs

To this day, the only credits I have ever and still do watch are that for Alien 1979. That last few minutes of music is as much a part of the film as anything else. To go from something so utterly terrifying to something so beautiful. It is a powerful and moving magnum opus, and I dare not miss it whenever I watch the film.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 27, 2018, 02:05:04 AM
To this day, the only credits I have ever and still do watch are that for Alien 1979. That last few minutes of music is as much a part of the film as anything else. To go from something so utterly terrifying to something so beautiful. It is a powerful and moving magnum opus, and I dare not miss it whenever I watch the film.
Agreed. Same with JAWS.

Voodoo Magic

There's many things I personally tip the scales towards "Alien", but when it comes to a memorable score like "Jaws", "Predator" wins that hands down. They clearly have musical themes that are more iconic, recognizable melodies that carry through its franchise. (Not guaging quality here, just its general public recognizability).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed