Changes in the movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

Author
Changes in the movies you would have made ? (Read 2,394 times)

The Kurgan

What are some changes in the Predator  movies you would have made to improve the movie or movies more to your liking?

Some changes i would do in Predators:

I would switch the number of Predators and "Super" Predators. Let three predators hunt the humans in the game preserve and one "super" predator interfere uninvited, hunting both humans and predators. Maybe abstain from a real predator/human teamup and keep it at some teamwork.

Also change the Super Predator to a regular one, but make him a psychotic killer of his own kind, like the one in the Bad Blood comic. Give him a more tribal design to keep him distinct from the other predators. More skulls and bones on his armor and bio mask, especially parts from other predators. Like mandible bones fixed like tusks on his mask or a predator skull on his shoulder armor.

I would change the random human killers to an established unit. Sure the killers in Predators where cool, but i think a established unit makes for bigger challenge for the predators and i missed the dynamic from Predator.

So what would you change in Predator, Predator 2, Predators or The Predator ?

Elmazalman

I wish PREDATOR (1987) included some shots of the creature's campsite, like the novelisation.

Wysps

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 10, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
I wish PREDATOR (1987) included some shots of the creature's campsite, like the novelisation.

Ditto.  And maybe some more shots of the Predator, alone and in his element.  I like how in some of the novels we get to be privy to the Predator's thoughts, especially with regards to his view of humanity.  Maybe not so much focusing on any exposition, but give us some more alone time.

Billiken

I feel like both P1 and P2 are just a few minutes too short. I think I would have made them at least 10 minutes longer each film.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Wysps on Nov 10, 2018, 02:23:09 AM

Ditto.  And maybe some more shots of the Predator, alone and in his element.  I like how in some of the novels we get to be privy to the Predator's thoughts, especially with regards to his view of humanity.  Maybe not so much focusing on any exposition, but give us some more alone time.
For this exact reason, my favourite moment from the original film is the wounded creature and his medical kit.

Voodoo Magic

P1 and P2 I would pretty much leave 'as is'.

Huntsman

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 10, 2018, 11:13:46 AM

For this exact reason, my favourite moment from the original film is the wounded creature and his medical kit.
It's a good little scene. I think that's enough, to be honest. Less can be more.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 11, 2018, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 10, 2018, 11:13:46 AM

It's a good little scene. I think that's enough, to be honest. Less can be more.

Indeed.

DerelictShip

I think Predator is the staple point. Nothing needs to be changed or added. Not seeing the Predator throughout the film makes it so much more interesting when we finally get scenes with him.

Predator 2 I always enjoyed despite critics. Some things bother me, like the self destruct sequence and other small illogical bits.

Predators was a decent film. Wish we saw more of the other alien creatures and the super predators were more 'powerful.

The Predator would have been neat if they had completely changed the storyline with the same setting. Like a rogue predator hunting humans, not DNA splicing, and the fugitive coming to earth to capture or kill the abomination.

BigDaddyJohn

But that wouldn't make much sense to send just one pred to kill the upgrade, it would be useless.

DerelictShip

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 12, 2018, 01:37:53 PM
But that wouldn't make much sense to send just one pred to kill the upgrade, it would be useless.

Not really. If it was a personal feud between the two I would buy it.

The Kurgan

Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 12, 2018, 05:36:27 PM

Iam with John here. If you stay with the upgrade concept it should be superior to an unaltered predator. You can maybe have him  do the thing Arnie did in Predator, changing his tactics in a way the on paper superior opponent does not expect, to catch him off guard.

Why not have a small elite hunting party face off against the Upgrade. Have a prestigious warrior handpick a Team of five Warriors to deal with the souped-up upgrade. They fight valiant but even all their skill and experience, that would be enough for a lesser opponent, does not safe them from losing groung and taking casualties. You can have the feud between the leader of the hunting Party and the upgrade if you want to humanise your predators. An old rivalry, past grievances or maybe they  even were comrades once.

BigDaddyJohn

The personal feud thing can totally work, but just go alone against the upgrade is kind of a death wish for a regular pred.

skull-splitter

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 12, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

The personal feud thing can totally work, but just go alone against the upgrade is kind of a death wish for a regular pred.
Unless they wear that armor they just wanted to hand to a single human...

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on Nov 12, 2018, 11:42:36 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 12, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

Unless they wear that armor they just wanted to hand to a single human...

True, then we could get iron pred vs upgrade pred !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed