Alien anthology Film / TV Series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 08, 2018, 05:11:34 AM

Author
Alien anthology Film / TV Series? (Read 4,028 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about an Alien anthology film composed by several short stories (unrelated or linked), each one being directed by a different director. For example:

Segment l: Aliens vs Marines (directed by James Cameron).

Segment ll: Xenomorph Experiments (directed by Neill Blomkamp).

Segment lll: Research on Space Jockey Tech (Directed by David Cronenberg).

Segment lV: Blade Runner-like story on Earth (directed by Ridley Scott).

whiterabbit

Not really keen on short stories. I rather have full movies.

TheSailingRabbit

I'd be down for that.

Corporal Hicks

Maybe not an anthology film but I'm all over the idea of more "stories", even if they are shorter format. It's one of the reasons I'm quite looking forward to seeing how these new Tongal pieces.

Whiskeybrewer

This would be a great Netflix series set in the Universe

Oh wait it would be on Disney+ lol

El Pistolero

I think the problem with the Alien Universe is that everyone expect to have Aliens in it. But there is a lot more in this universe. The aspect of space traveling, space mining, colonisation is always a good thing to explore in films. I love movies they explore deep space. But sadly, they are very rar. It would be nice to have some movies set in the alien universe, but without aliens in it and it would be nice they would not make a big deal, that they are set in the alien universe.

The Old One

The Old One

So Prometheus, but well-written.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

With a hint of...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 09, 2018, 08:27:23 AM
Maybe not an anthology film but I'm all over the idea of more "stories", even if they are shorter format. It's one of the reasons I'm quite looking forward to seeing how these new Tongal pieces.

It can be developed as an anthology TV series, like HBO's True Detective or Syfy's Channel Zero.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 09, 2018, 12:28:13 PM
This would be a great Netflix series set in the Universe

Oh wait it would be on Disney+ lol

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :D

whiterabbit

Short stories sound too much like a death sentence for alien. As if no one can come up with enough material for a full movie. Especially when directed by A-list directors. Nah save such an idea for fans, small independent studios or try a tv series.

However I'm not against the anthology concept. There are movies to be told that have nothing to do with Alien inside of the Alien Universe.

Immortan Jonesy

There are 3 seasons in True Detective so far, each season with 8 episodes of an hour or so. That is more than a movie for sure. Oh, and each season is a separate story from the other. But aye, maybe it is not the best format for the Alien. I'm guessing or something. However, if it is done with the level of Game of Thrones, other bird will sing.

Perfect-Organism

Just jumping in here on this thread.  Hi.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

"Solo de pasada por este hilo. Hola."

However, the literal translation would be "Solo saltando aqui en este hilo. Hola.

The first one sound less dumb for sure, so I'll stick with that one.  ;)

El Pistolero

Isn't there something in production at Fox? I think they are supporting some fan movie shorts they pick from over hundred pitch ideas. Does any one know the status on this project?

SM

SM

QuoteI think the problem with the Alien Universe is that everyone expect to have Aliens in it.

The title is a bit of a giveaway.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien implies the presence of something foreign, you can do lots with that in Ridley Scott's universe without the necessity of Giger's monster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed