Which Aliens film made you look forward to a sequel the most?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 04, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

Which Aliens film made you look forward to a sequel the most?

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator Requiem
Author
Which Aliens film made you look forward to a sequel the most? (Read 11,610 times)

Fleshwound

I see. Then that would be Aliens although I didn't expect there to be a third movie.

bobby brown

The movie that made me crave a sequel most was Prometheus Since it left me so unsatisfied.

The Old One

The Old One

Since it was the last good one, cinematically- still waiting for a film that takes place after AlienĀ³ one that's good, that is.
(Looking at you Resurrection.)

Perfect-Organism

I'm actually a huge Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan.  I think Resurrection works cinematically just fine.  I just don't think it's basic premise works well with the Alien universe.  The whole Resurrection bit is just too much.

The Old One

The Old One

When I say cinematically, I mean as an entry in the franchise as well-
By the end of Resurrection's runtime,
it did it's darnedest to scrap all the world-building from the previous three films-
in addition to the Alien itself. For all intents and purposes, aside from featuring the Alien itself-
it's thematics, subject material, depictions of subject material, design language.
Retro Futurism. Dreams. Dialogue. Utilitarian uselessness.
All that are so iconic to the previous three are markedly different or absent from Resurrection.

Valaquen

ALIENS made me wonder where they could go next, how they could top it... they didn't. They should've called it quits after 3.

The Old One

The Old One

I disagree.

The "Space Jockey" concept had potential, and still has- but there was no necessity for it to be a prequel.
Isolation and The Cold Forge prove they would've been wrong to call it quits,
removing Ellen Ripley from the equation and waiting until they had a script as good as the first would've been the right decision.
It still is the right decision.

Valaquen

Maybe. It has potential. But they've done nothing with it that's worthwhile (so far), which feels like a big waste. All in my opinion of course.

The series needed more radical change. It got very conservative once the dollars started rolling in. People being chased through corridors.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

1979Ash

ALIEN and ALIENS!
Love those!

Biomechanoid

This is a bit off topic, but I never understood why AVPG lumped all first four Alien films in one forum. This is a master forum dedicated to the Alien franchise, seems appropriate to me there was a dedicated forum to each Alien film. Or at least make sub-forums. Maybe it was seen as front page clutter by the mods? Don't know, I'm just floating the suggestion here.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 27, 2019, 01:31:01 AM
This is a bit off topic, but I never understood why AVPG lumped all first four Alien films in one forum. This is a master forum dedicated to the Alien franchise, seems appropriate to me there was a dedicated forum to each Alien film. Or at least make sub-forums. Maybe it was seen as front page clutter by the mods? Don't know, I'm just floating the suggestion here.

I think that's a good idea, actually.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

It could be like the General Disussion parent forum...
General Discussion
You can talk about anything other than A/P here.

Sub Forums: Music, Politics

======================

Alien Quadrilogy
You can talk about general topics on the AQ story here

Sub Forums: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection

There's 130 pages of topics dedicated to each film above. The dedicated sub forums could already be populated. Leaving the general topics in the AQ parent forum. For example, this thread topic could remain in the parent forum. Whereas, thread topics like "What if Clemens hadn't been killed so early?" could be moved to the Alien 3 sub forum.....and so on......there are countless more examples.

SM

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 27, 2019, 01:40:30 AM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 27, 2019, 01:31:01 AM

I think that's a good idea, actually.

Easier to manage with them all in the one spot I expect.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2019, 01:52:55 AM
Easier to manage with them all in the one spot I expect.

By that logic, wouldn't just one massive forum all in one spot be easier to manage?

Once you've broke that barrier of introducing parent forums, forum categories, sub forums as it exists in AVGP now, not sure how having 40-50 forum entities is so much easier to maintain than 45-55 forum entities.

Anyhoo, it was just a thought, the format as is, is not something that severely impedes my AVPG experience.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed