Different shuriken types ?

Started by BigDaddyJohn, Oct 27, 2018, 01:11:24 PM

Author
Different shuriken types ? (Read 706 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

In the movie we can clearly see three shurikens being used at different times...

- The first used by McKenna that is fired from the wrist gauntlet. We see that it is ejected from the gauntlet and levitate for a second, probably magnetically (thus confirming what Traeger says in the forest about the shuriken automatically returning to the gauntlet). It also appears to be a sort of mini-shuriken, with shorter blades.

- The second one used by fugitive on hand to hand combat. It appears to be way larger, like the classic shuriken from the AVP's.

- The third one used by a stargazer grunt, which looks exactly the same that the one fugitive used. It is probably this one, retrieved by Traeger and his men earlier on fugitive's body.

Do you think the one shot by the gauntlet and the one used on hand to hand combat could be the same and the size difference could be due to a simple camera effect ? I personally don't think so, too much size difference... And also, did you liked that new concept of the shuriken being fired directly by the gauntlet ? I totally did  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'll have to take a closer look at it when it comes out on blu ray. Too much to soak in with just one viewing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 27, 2018, 01:11:24 PM
Do you think the one shot by the gauntlet and the one used on hand to hand combat could be the same and the size difference could be due to a simple camera effect ? I personally don't think so, too much size difference... And also, did you liked that new concept of the shuriken being fired directly by the gauntlet ? I totally did  ;)

Seemed more like a little bladed disc rather than anything like the "traditional" shurikens to me.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2018, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 27, 2018, 01:11:24 PM

Seemed more like a little bladed disc rather than anything like the "traditional" shurikens to me.

I agree, it actually reminded me of the disc from scarface's clan in predator concrete jungle, but in a smaller version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed