So why EXACTLY was it gunnison?

Started by badass_badger, Sep 23, 2007, 04:59:55 PM

Author
So why EXACTLY was it gunnison? (Read 3,999 times)

echobbase79

oh yeah. Man that guy really needs to find another job. As a friend of mine put it he's a talentless,toxic, little shit.

Noir-Gojira

QuoteHe originally set it in a small Texas town. Thank god they changed it, or else we would have gotten hillbillies versus Aliens versus Predator.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no real difference.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Im form Colorado, and the forest in the movie looks nothing like the real forests in Gunnison! oh well i guess i just wish they could have got that right. lol small detail i know ;P.

YutaniDitch

I think Gunnison was chosen because, geographically, it is surrounded by mountains, so it has an isolated sense to it, and it is, like the smalltown in Outbreak, easier to contain the threat than, for instance, in a big town like Denver, Colorado... though Gunnison has an airport, so I hope they bore that in mind while choosing it...

;)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I wish it was in Denver and filmed there cause i could have been in the movie :D. Like a random person on the street who dies!

ahhh dream's never come true! :P

echobbase79

Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 24, 2007, 02:19:22 PM
Im form Colorado, and the forest in the movie looks nothing like the real forests in Gunnison! oh well i guess i just wish they could have got that right. lol small detail i know ;P.

Well I thought they shot it there?

YutaniDitch

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 03:16:54 PM
Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 24, 2007, 02:19:22 PM

Well I thought they shot it there?

Nope...Vancouver, Canada and somewhere else...Not in actual Gunnison, Colorado...well, maybe just the aerial shots we saw in the Pop trailer... ;)

echobbase79

that's interesting. Of course I wouldn't know any different since I've never been to either place. Probably shot it in Canada for the money reasons.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 03:31:57 PM

that's interesting. Of course I wouldn't know any different since I've never been to either place. Probably shot it in Canada for the money reasons.

Sadly yeah. Its cheaper to shoot movies of location then where its actually set or something like that. I wish it was in shot in Colorado. What a honor it would be to have a Predator in my home state!

echobbase79

What do the woods look like in Colorado?

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 04:01:22 PM

What do the woods look like in Colorado?

From the looks of the trailer it looks nothign like that, plus we dont have moss or tropical like plants in out forests as seen in the trailer!

Master

Master

That`s really interesting. Your city will be infested and bombed and you have no profit from it. Sad ;D

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Master on Sep 24, 2007, 04:08:38 PM
That`s really interesting. Your city will be infested and bombed and you have no profit from it. Sad ;D

Im from denver, i think ill be safe ;) unless its a nuke ill get some radiation ;)

Master

Master

If there will be radiation, you will probably have tail after few months. Remember to post it`s picture here, maybe it will look kind of... Alienish? ;D

echobbase79

What plants did you say don't grow in Colorado? Looks nice for the big game hunting.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed