User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developer comments on sequel or unused ideas?  (Read 435 times)

quijju
Oct 16, 2018, 04:45:51 AM
Topic on: Oct 16, 2018, 04:45:51 AM
Q
Given the disappointing trend AVP has suffered from recently I went back to the games. Just finished Classic 2000 again and finishing AVP 2. I think it is safe to say this game will never be followed up on so I was wondering if anyone has any links to developers commenting on what they would put if there was going to be a sequel, along with any unused ideas. I saw some unused ideas on this site such as that bladed Predator weapon which looked pretty good and was wondering what else could have been.

The Cruentus
Oct 16, 2018, 03:06:44 PM
Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2018, 03:06:44 PM
Q
I think the reason there wasn't a sequel to monolith's one was because of rights dispute.

Samhain13
Oct 16, 2018, 04:01:59 PM
Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2018, 04:01:59 PM
Q
I heard(probably on these forums years ago) that one of the ideas of the expansion pack that became Primal Hunt was to make it a sequel instead of a prequel, there would be a conflict during the Verloc's evacuation from LV-1201, the game did end with the predator ship going after it... it seems it would involve some Dunya vs Harrison stuff, but since we know she ended up making to Gateway Station and was continuing Rykov's plan, Dunya wouldn't have been killed. 

I imagine the predator ship would attack the Verloc, somehow aliens would have gotten on it through some evacuation ship, Dunya and the rest of Rykov men would have used it to escape.

I think the reason there wasn't a sequel to monolith's one was because of rights dispute.

You mean with Fox? Or by Monolith Productions being acquired by Warner Bros?

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2018, 06:28:15 PM by Samhain13 »

x-M-x
Oct 16, 2018, 05:33:25 PM
Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2018, 05:33:25 PM
Q
It goes way beyond Fox/Monolith Productions & Warner Bros.. this game is in copyright hell.

There are several corporations that own *certain parts* of this game.

if it was to be released on steam? would of been around 2007/8 atleast.

Still one can only hope.

Samhain13
Oct 16, 2018, 06:09:10 PM
Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:09:10 PM
Q
It goes way beyond Fox/Monolith Productions & Warner Bros.. this game is in copyright hell.

There are several corporations that own *certain parts* of this game.

By certain parts, you mean third parties were hired during to development of AVP2 to work, do like some levels, voices or game engine? Like singleplayer was done by Monolith but they hired another company to take care of of the multiplayer or something?

I don't understand much about those copyright stuffs and how they relate to a game's development but have been aware of AVP2 not going to steam due to that.

EDIT: Nevermind, found this thread: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55649.0

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2018, 10:33:16 PM by Samhain13 »

quijju
Oct 18, 2018, 04:18:20 AM
Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2018, 04:18:20 AM
Q
I heard(probably on these forums years ago) that one of the ideas of the expansion pack that became Primal Hunt was to make it a sequel instead of a prequel, there would be a conflict during the Verloc's evacuation from LV-1201, the game did end with the predator ship going after it... it seems it would involve some Dunya vs Harrison stuff, but since we know she ended up making to Gateway Station and was continuing Rykov's plan, Dunya wouldn't have been killed. 

I imagine the predator ship would attack the Verloc, somehow aliens would have gotten on it through some evacuation ship, Dunya and the rest of Rykov men would have used it to escape.

You mean with Fox? Or by Monolith Productions being acquired by Warner Bros?
Really? I think the sequel expansion would have been better. Even though I loved that artifact story it pretty much went nowhere. The whole Rykov-Dunya plan I never liked, it felt shoehorned in the game as it was never discussed in a cutscene or anything combined with the fact Dunya was initially supposed to be fought and presumably killed. The whole plot is basically contradicted when you read the scientist's logs about Predator immunology before Rykov's (who is not a scientist) plan is described. It just screams of last minute change.

I am not the biggest fan of this game but we'll certainly never get a layered narrative and setting like it again. Such a shame. Here are the pictures on this site I mentioned earlier if you are interested and too lazy to bother looking for them. https://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=212

Interesting stuff indeed!

The Cruentus
Oct 19, 2018, 03:43:32 PM
Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2018, 03:43:32 PM
Q
It is basically the reason why it was never updated and released on steam. AVP gold was updated and released years ago, the copyright hell is basically why nothing can be done with it for now. Shame too, as I think this game could be brilliant with an update.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed