Defiance Eggmorphing?

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 08, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

Author
Defiance Eggmorphing? (Read 1,908 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

When I read Defiance I never noticed eggmorphing. So is it in there or even inferred to be the case for how these Xenomorphs appeared? Who's got the answers?

The Old One

The Old One

I've no idea where the Alien infestation in Defiance began at all in fact, perhaps Sevastopol somehow?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Oct 08, 2018, 07:45:51 AM
When I read Defiance I never noticed eggmorphing. So is it in there or even inferred to be the case for how these Xenomorphs appeared? Who's got the answers?
In the second (i think?) issue there's a unique looking xenomorph, and you can see some mutated cocooned people that are implied to be eggmorphing.

SM

SM

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Oct 08, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

There aren't any.  Zeta Doradus isn't terribly far from Zeta Reticuli however.

Russ840

Russ840

There is a point at the end of the first issue where you can see multiple cases of Xenomorph incidents on a screen, shown on a splash page.  One of those screens/images shows a part egg morphed human.

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 08, 2018, 01:28:44 PM
There is a point at the end of the first issue where you can see multiple cases of Xenomorph incidents on a screen, shown on a splash page.  One of those screens/images shows a part egg morphed human.

This. I did this deliberately. I also wrote a f**king ridiculously long document basically extrapolating every bit of Alien mythos to figure out the Alien lifecycle after the black goo was introduced and incorporating the now seemingly status-quo release of Ridley's DC of Alien. Back then I couldn't use the Big Chap because of Covenant being in production, and #2 originally had a queen in it. I suggested using the Big Chap evolved somewhere between it and a queen because it was in isolation and turning into a breeder, so it would either Eggmorph or start turning into a queen. Ultimately we couldn't fit all that in, so we used the praetorian, which could eggmorph and would eventually become a queen in its own right.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you for the information TRexJones, love your work.  :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ditto, that's really cool information, thanks!

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 08, 2018, 10:37:22 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 08, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

This. I did this deliberately. I also wrote a f**king ridiculously long document basically extrapolating every bit of Alien mythos to figure out the Alien lifecycle after the black goo was introduced and incorporating the now seemingly status-quo release of Ridley's DC of Alien. Back then I couldn't use the Big Chap because of Covenant being in production, and #2 originally had a queen in it. I suggested using the Big Chap evolved somewhere between it and a queen because it was in isolation and turning into a breeder, so it would either Eggmorph or start turning into a queen. Ultimately we couldn't fit all that in, so we used the praetorian, which could eggmorph and would eventually become a queen in its own right.

Nice to see you on here again Tristan. Thanks for the comfirmation.

Any chance you would share your document?

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

As much fun as that would be, wouldn't it be more fun for me to just put it into an actual book...? I was working with a couple of the guys from Isolation when it looked like the sequel was a clear nix on developing those ideas and the direction it was left in into something of a sequel graphic novel. All of those ideas were to go into that and give Amanda's story a very definite close. So, I'd kind of prefer to sit on them until I know that isn't going to happen. Because spoilers. ;)

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 09, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
As much fun as that would be, wouldn't it be more fun for me to just put it into an actual book...? I was working with a couple of the guys from Isolation when it looked like the sequel was a clear nix on developing those ideas and the direction it was left in into something of a sequel graphic novel. All of those ideas were to go into that and give Amanda's story a very definite close. So, I'd kind of prefer to sit on them until I know that isn't going to happen. Because spoilers. ;)

So F**king hope that that happens. 

Is that the slightly less "plural" thing that you once eluded to, on here ?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 09, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
Tangentially related, did you end up buying the "Defiance Xenomorph" action figure that NECA made?

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 09, 2018, 09:10:03 PM

Correct...!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 10, 2018, 01:54:50 AM
Tangentially related, did you end up buying the "Defiance Xenomorph" action figure that NECA made?

Nup. I was selling the thing in the shop I work in, and didn't bother because I was told I'd be sent some. Never got any and NECA stopped answering my emails.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 10, 2018, 03:32:02 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 09, 2018, 09:10:03 PM

Correct...!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 10, 2018, 01:54:50 AM

Nup. I was selling the thing in the shop I work in, and didn't bother because I was told I'd be sent some. Never got any and NECA stopped answering my emails.
Wow, that's.... profoundly shitty on NECA's part. :(

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

I hope it wasn't an intentional thing, but yeah, I would've loved one myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed