David's last movie as a sequel instead of prequel

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 07, 2018, 09:22:24 PM

Author
David's last movie as a sequel instead of prequel (Read 5,135 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Point is; Blue Marsalis is a strong character and strong characters in good Alien stories don't have to be Ellen Ripley.
&
Ellen Ripley has had a complete narrative arc finished.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 07:20:20 AM
Point is; Blue Marsalis is a strong character and strong characters in good Alien stories don't have to be Ellen Ripley.
&
Ellen Ripley has had a complete narrative arc finished.

Ripley 8 hasn't had a complete narrative arc >: )

And many people don't like Alien 3 (I am not one of them) but why not give them an alternate story to enjoy? I really like Alien 3 but I'd like to see where else the story can go. One more movie with Ripley and then a new actor playing Newt can completely take over from there (in this timeline anyway).

Highland

Ripley in a new movie would be ok and probably popular. Wouldn't be my choice though unless you do the Blomkamp idea.

The Old One

The Old One

William Gibson's ALIEN 3' TBD.
ACM
Aliens The Original Comics Series

&

I do not believe a alternate timeline or retroactive continuation of Alien is a worthwhile endeavour.
For reasons stated.

Mythos expansion on the "other" through the original SJ, or another "Prometheus style" Lovecraftian/introspective film.
With the requirement of excellent writing and new strong characters such as Blue Marsalis- I'd much prefer to nostalgia/Ellen Ripley returns.

Frosty Venom

Why not do one of these stories on film though? Having Ripley in one more film would get a lot of attention and a bigger audience. This may get the franchise the traction it needs to start creating films more frequently and with bigger budgets more effectively.

If having Ripley in a film is the only thing they do to cater to a bigger audience I think both the fans and Fox would be happy.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope otherwise.

whiterabbit

Aliens needs more Ripley more than ever. They need their queen to rise!

The Old One

The Old One

Alien requires excellent writers, it does not require Ellen Ripley.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Oct 08, 2018, 07:06:23 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2018, 05:28:08 AM
Alien's events span 300 years.  400 if you throw in AvP.

It's still the same core story though. I just want to see people actually be a bit braver with the content. I mean Predators wasn't the best movie but at least it had the balls to shoot off into something else even if it was very similar.

Ripley's dead, we know what the Space Jockey is. It's time to reboot for me.

You missed that whole Prometheus that shot off into something else...?

Huntsman

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2018, 08:59:23 AM
Aliens needs more Ripley more than ever. They need their queen to rise!
David is as interesting and engaging as Ripley ever was, for me. Fassbender is a gem.

SiL

David was great in Prometheus.

In Covenant he's a Bond villain.

Huntsman

Awesome, I like Bond villains.

SiL

I love them too.

In Bond movies.

Huntsman

The Old One

The Old One

Michael Fassbender's David would be an equivalent to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, but he's not in well-written films.

Regardless, neither are requisite for the series to advance and create excellent films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed