David's last movie as a sequel instead of prequel

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 07, 2018, 09:22:24 PM

Author
David's last movie as a sequel instead of prequel (Read 5,136 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about David's last flick taking place in parallel or after Alien? you can use flashback/flashforward to explain things beyond the present. What do you think of this?

Evanus

I suppose it could work.. as long as Ripley isn't involved.  :P General audiences would probably be really confused though.

0321recon

Actually, I'd be open for this. I know Blomkamp wanted to do his film and by that retconing Alien3, which I'm not keen with. Though, I'd be open to it if it includes David discovering Ripley, Newt and Hicks.

Though, have Alien3 dark ending were David takes Ripley, Newt,Hicks, and a group of Colonial Marines back to earth in one of the engineer ships. Ripley and crew try their best to stop the inevitable without success. Have it with most of the crew dying in the process leaving only Ripley and Newt, and witness in utter horror everything they fought for in Alien and Aliens go to waste as David fulfills his innermost desire, the destruction of humanity, as he unleashes an army of xenos upon the earth, killing anyone in their way.

Huggs

I don't know. David was beginning to malfunction. Look what happened just between prometheus and covenant. Having him mentally survive until the timeline of Ripley or possibly later with Hicks might have him sitting in a corner twiddling his lips and humming "Hello my baby". He may be full-blown nuts by the time big chap grows up.

As for bringing Ripley into anything, the original films (notably Aliens 86) have earth and Ripley being just fine as of that timeline. Plus they all kind of died in Alien 3, unless they want to say David brought the aliens onboard. The Sulaco colliding with the Covenant deep in space. Having him intersect at that point would be like making a disaster film where they point the Hindenburg at the Titanic and scream Tallyho!

whiterabbit

Just have the movie end with a shot of lv 426 and the derelict already being there. There's no reason to kill David, he's just an AI after all. Man, I just want the false god angel so badly to preserve the myth, legend and the tragedy. Sending David off to another universe is a lot more terrifying... for that other universe. Such an act would really open up the universe, very literally.

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 07, 2018, 11:10:29 PM
I don't know. David was beginning to malfunction. Look what happened just between prometheus and covenant. Having him mentally survive until the timeline of Ripley or possibly later with Hicks might have him sitting in a corner twiddling his lips and humming "Hello my baby". He may be full-blown nuts by the time big chap grows up.

As for bringing Ripley into anything, the original films (notably Aliens 86) have earth and Ripley being just fine as of that timeline. Plus they all kind of died in Alien 3, unless they want to say David brought the aliens onboard. The Sulaco colliding with the Covenant deep in space. Having him intersect at that point would be like making a disaster film where they point the Hindenburg at the Titanic and scream Tallyho!
Damn, that would explain the dumb as balls egg and super facehugger... but oh boy that's way out of time-line. :P

I'll stick with the alien already existing and David unwittingly just copying the engineers previous work.

However that still leaves the big question, why did the engineers want to kill us. Cause we killed Jesus or created AI isn't good enough. He'll in the opening scene of Prometheus I'm not even convinced that they were terraforming that world. They could have also been exterminating it. You know, to undue the wolf.

The Old One

The Old One

So, you're saying the Engineers' hypothetical solution to the titular Alien is the Pathogen?

Fight fire with fire?

We will never get our answers about the Engineers, just as Elizabeth Shaw. IMO

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2018, 12:01:02 AM
However that still leaves the big question, why did the engineers want to kill us. Cause we killed Jesus or created AI isn't good enough.

Indeed. Sometimes I prefer we were simply nothing to them. An annoying growth. Mold on the bread. A means to some scientific end. A test, if nothing else. We did nothing wrong, they weren't mad at all. They wanted to kill us simply because the experiment was over, or we were just in the way. Perhaps we were just spare parts, or something to mate with if their species were dying.

To think so little of exterminating all life, to callously disregard and end the existence of their own children, would make them quite monstrous, in my opinion.

The Old One

The Old One

"So long as they are no worse."

"I learned of their ways."

"Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair."

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2018, 12:01:02 AM
Just have the movie end with a shot of lv 426 and the derelict already being there. There's no reason to kill David, he's just an AI after all. Man, I just want the false god angel so badly to preserve the myth, legend and the tragedy. Sending David off to another universe is a lot more terrifying... for that other universe. Such an act would really open up the universe, very literally. 

Just scrap Daniels and the Covenant stuff like they did with Shaw, as we can learn about them via flashback like when David bombed the Engineers. Instead of the predictable prequel, brings David to the main timeline. Make him meet Amanda Ripley or something. The Derelict can be referenced via flashback as well.                   

The Old One

The Old One

No, do not have him meet Amanda Ripley.
Isolation is pushing it as it is.

Do have, a natural, thematically relevant conclusion to David's story.

Frosty Venom

Just goddamn finish off the prequel trilogy mate. No David meeting Amanda or anything like that.

The Old One

The Old One

Aye.

Highland

Highland

You can do both. Reboot the Alien franchise after the Ripley timeline ( we can just make it post A3 since resurrection can exist anyway) and use David's experiments on the new timeline as the catalyst.

Bunch of people go down to investigate planet, find out planet is swarming with weird stuff because of some Android and some black goo....

Could even make it into a more detective style horror mystery or go straight into the marines ( yes I said it).

Tons of opportunities. You get a sort of end to the David trilogy and a start to a new one. Maybe Hollywood will realise that not every franchise has to take part in the same 50 year period.

SM

Alien's events span 300 years.  400 if you throw in AvP.

Huggs

The franchise has got to be able to survive without characters named Ripley, and individuals modeled specifically after her. It would be like Dutch's kids fighting predators, or copies of him fighting them.

Ripley had a great story arc. One of the best I could ever hope for as a fan. But the creatures and the franchise should be bigger than that. The movies weren't called Ripley, Ripleys, Ripley 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed