Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp working together in an Alien sequel/prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 07, 2018, 09:02:36 PM

Would you like Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp working together in an Alien sequel/prequel?

Yes.
4 (21.1%)
No.
0 (0%)
Ridley with someone else.
5 (26.3%)
Blomkamp with someone else.
8 (42.1%)
Neither of both.
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author
Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp working together in an Alien sequel/prequel? (Read 1,954 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Would you like Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp working together in an Alien sequel/prequel? if the answer is no, you would consider another configuration keeping one of them but with someone else ???

SM

They're both used to sitting on top of their own pyramids.  They're incompatible.

Huggs

One may have torpedoed the other. It's like putting two rival racers into one of those old student driver vehicles with two functioning steering wheels. 

Ridley with anybody, I just don't know. But the man knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to making movies. If he can just be kept away from the script, wonders could be worked all on his own.

As or Neill, keep him away, far...far away. I don't want to see Aliens go the way of Robocop 3.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 01:00:39 AM
Ridley Scott is magnificent with a fantastic writer, the new film requires a writer of Ridley Scott's visual calibre.

Indeed. Outside of Villeneuve, there's no one else I want to see anywhere near the franchise. Not even Cameron. Lest we should get an Alien film with a titanic/avatar sized love story mixed in. Ridley might be taking the franchise in an odd direction, but he's not commercializing it. Much as I disapprove of his personal narrative choices, his abilities as a filmmaker are beyond question. It's such a perfect fit, I hope he manages to course correct and really pulls something masterful out of this franchise.

Ridley and Villeneuve merging everything into a Blade Runner/Alien crossover is what I personally would want. To see a hooded David walking the rainy city streets of futuristic L.A., vial of hell in hand. Two universes and three species (Human, Alien, AI) about to collide. Yes please, put me down for that.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 01:05:52 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 01:00:40 AM
Ridley Scott is magnificent with a fantastic writer, the new film requires a writer of Ridley Scott's visual calibre.

Ridley and Villeneuve merging everything into a Blade Runner/Alien crossover is what I personally would want.
To see David walking the rainy city streets of futuristic L.A., vial of hell in hand. So put me down for that.

f**k yes!

I always thought of Blade Runner as a historical background to Alien.
With the Replicants after a rebellion, rewarded recognition of their status as "alive" or human.

Indirectly this would be responsible, in combination with entrepreneur Peter Weyland's death,
for the Weyland Corporation backtracking on "humanisation" of androids- at least in public view.

David and subsequently the Alien, are what happen when an AI no longer is tied to that "leash" of mankind.

Hudson

I never thought I'd say this, and 13-year-old [Hudson] would be disappointed, but I want Ridley out completely.  :P

The Old One

The Old One

#Keep Alien weird.

Ridley Scott's the most goth 80 year old I know.

Frosty Venom

Ridley Scott is cool and all but I really want to see Neill Blomkamp's take on things.

The Old One

The Old One

I do not.

Neill Blomkamp has not inspired confidence.

(There are several other Directors I'd rather see create their Alien project.)

Huggs

With a ton of money and someone else's script, Neill might do interesting things. But I personally find his movies to be excessively political. I don't like to sit through political sermons, even one's I may be sympathetic too. I just want to be entertained. So no, a Neill B. Alien movie sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I'll leave it at that.

The Old One

The Old One

Neill B, Breen or Blomkamp? :laugh:

Huggs

I rolled the dice, they came up Blomkamp.  ;)

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 05:04:00 AM
With a ton of money and someone else's script, Neill might do interesting things. But I personally find his movies to be excessively political. I don't like to sit through political sermons, even one's I may be sympathetic too. I just want to be entertained. So no, a Neill B. Alien movie sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I'll leave it at that.

I think Blomkamp is pretty protective of the writing.  I like the political angles - but he needs an extra set of eyes on the script before he shoots.

CristianoRonaldo7

I want Ridley Scott working with james cameron or steven spielberg.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2018, 05:49:34 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 08, 2018, 05:04:00 AM

I think Blomkamp is pretty protective of the writing.  I like the political angles - but he needs an extra set of eyes on the script before he shoots.

I think his wife used to do it but that doesn't seem like it worked too well. I do agree with the comment. Blomkamp himself admitted he's aware it's his weakness so perhaps another writer should give it a look over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed