Deadliest of the Species... WTF?

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 10:48:15 AM

Author
Deadliest of the Species... WTF? (Read 3,748 times)

Frosty Venom

I absolutely love this comic for how weird and whacky it is but can someone please tell me what the hell is going?

I need theories if not clear answers for how Ash Parnall became Caryn and why the creature that emerges from her is what appears to be a form of the White Hybrid when she was impregnated by a normal facehugger.

Did TOY have something to do with these happenings?

SM

SM

Toy had everything to do with everything.

How exactly?  f**k knows.

Frosty Venom

I guess TOY somehow turned Ash into Caryn against her will? Genetically enhanced her with Xenomorph and Yautja DNA and therefore the DNA Reflex created a form of White Hybrid?

Ultramorph

It's always funny every few years when someone discovers DotS and we all get to reflect on what a fever dream that series was. Don't forget the queen facehugger that makes the host turn gold and impervious to the vacuum of space!  :laugh:

Nostromo

Nostromo

L-O-L where'd you dig up this old fossil!

Best to take a shovel and bury them in the backyard. :)

Frosty Venom

I've had AVP Omnibus 2 for awhile but it's only now occurred to me to seek answers here.

Deadliest of Species is confusing as hell but it's a fun ride with some interesting concepts.

Ultramorph

I'm eagerly waiting for Eaglemoss to give us a statue of some DotS hybrids.  :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 04, 2018, 12:11:17 PM
It's always funny every few years when someone discovers DotS and we all get to reflect on what a fever dream that series was. Don't forget the queen facehugger that makes the host turn gold and impervious to the vacuum of space!  :laugh:

Absolutely  :laugh: It's one of my favorite comics actually and trippy as hell.  As HELL.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I consider Dots and Colonial Marines to be the worst of the old EU series. (Yes even worse than xenogenisis)

SM

SM

Big call.  At least Xenogenesis had a coherent story.

Naginata

Naginata

The first issue was good, the initial Predator reveal is one of the best in the entire EU, and there were a bunch of interesting ideas. And then, somewhere in issue 3, it just... I don't even know how to explain it; the series just completely stops making any kind of sense, and it just keeps going, making less and less sense with each new page.

On the plus side, retconning it out of the EU couldn't be easier; you could just dismiss the whole thing as a VR hallucination. Which is appropriate, because that's exactly what it feels like.

Ultramorph

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2018, 08:39:31 PM
Big call.  At least Xenogenesis had a coherent story.

I don't know, things really fell apart in AVPX when it tried to tie in with the Aliens mini.

SM

SM

Did anyone really notice that it tied in?

Naginata

Naginata

^ I've read it, and I honestly had no idea it was meant to.

Ultramorph

The Shaw character that shows up on the last page of the AVP mini is (I think) supposed to be the father of one of the characters from the Aliens arc, even though the series are clearly set very, very far apart chronologically.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed