Origin of the Xenomorph

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 02, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

If you could choose, how did the Xenomorph come to be?

Engineers created them
David created them
Space Jockeys or 'Alpha' Race created them
Yautja created them
Naturally occurring species originating from Xenomorph Prime
The cosmos manifesting itself as a universal wave of extinction to keep technologically advanced races in check
Author
Origin of the Xenomorph (Read 6,483 times)

SiL

SiL

You won't ever get a clearer idea. There's no consensus. Ask 100 fans what they want and you'll get 112 answers.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Oop it's narrowed down to two options in the lead! Can we get a consensus?

The Old One

The Old One

Naturally occurring my ass.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 04, 2018, 03:08:05 PM
Naturally occurring my ass.

Yeah I'm actually quite surprised that this is the current leading answer on the poll. Not the one I'd go with.

But there could still be a Xenomorph Prime of sorts if it's one of the other answers. It could be (one of) the first planet(s) that the Xenomorphs overran, with whichever creator's influence, many years ago. Perhaps there were some creatures on this planet with particular evolutionary traits that allowed them to survive against the Xenomorphs and so the Xenos eventually became part of the ecosystem as an introduced species.

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien > Ecosystems.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Oh I agree, But maybe on this planet there's creatures that are immune to the Xenomorph's acid blood, such as their "natural enemies" as seen in The Theory of Propagation. Maybe the Xenomorphs can make hosts of some but not all the creatures on the planet, whether that be because they're too big or because of some other trait.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The interesting implication in the natural origins: all the cool xenomorph's features (like acid blood) might be the result of millions of years of evolution in a dangerous ecosystem, which means deadly space monsters and scary stuff (like the alien environment).

But whatever the origin, the Alien is like a deadly filter in the face of our struggle to survive in space:

The Old One

The Old One

The idea of "Xenomorph Prime" is so banal it makes me want to put my eyes out.

Naginata

Naginata

^ Agreed. I much prefer the idea that they just sort of 'happen.' Like, picture the first ever beings in the history of the universe that made it to outer space... and then found the Xenomorphs waiting for them.

Also, it sort of astounds me that we as a fandom couldn't come up with a cooler name than "Xenomorph Prime," which is just the worst:-X

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm thinking about Scorn Prime actually. :P

The world should be a multifaceted landscape and not fully biomechanical though.   

SiL

SiL

Heaven forbid people have their own opinions ::)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Oct 06, 2018, 12:53:02 AM
Heaven forbid people have their own opinions ::)
But.. but people are having their own opinions? They're sharing them in this thread. ???

SiL

SiL

Ah, I meant to quote The Old One above saying "naturally occurring my ass".

Samhain13

Samhain13

For me the "Xenomorph Prime" would be the place where they were created, and as always, they got out of control and overrun its inhabitants and turned the planet into a huge giger biomechanical hive. Making it seems like they always belonged there.

The Old One

The Old One

Heaven forbid that opinion come to fruition.

Scorn is a prime example, when it's the entire world and everything in it- even though it sources as much from Beskinski as Giger-
Is other, it loses it's "otherness" in this manner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed